B&M Console Mega Shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regal Beagle

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 10, 2008
Calgary Canada
donnyR said:
i would like to also install a megashifter in my monte carlo console so if anyones done already it give me the details on how and a finished pic of how you did it

The B&M website has downloadable instructions with very good detail. I was just more curious about the amount of cutting that would be needed because the shifter is really designed for F-Cars.

Beagle

Regal Beagle

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 10, 2008
Calgary Canada
donnyR said:
i would like to also install a megashifter in my monte carlo console so if anyones done already it give me the details on how and a finished pic of how you did it

The B&M website has downloadable instructions with very good detail. I was just more curious about the amount of cutting that would be needed because the shifter is really designed for F-Cars.

Beagle

Brick442

Master Mechanic
Apr 16, 2009
Jersey Shore
I used the standard shifter, not the F-body one. I think the standard one's height it closer to the stock GM shifter.

Minimal cutting was made, like I said the only part part was the hard plastic part inside the console.

Some trial fitting and cutting small amounts at a time until you get it just right.

78Calais

Apprentice
Feb 14, 2008
MN
I fit the B&M Pro Ratchet in my console and didn't have to do anything more to it than pop out the plastic gear indicator piece. I did add a piece of metal under the console just to eliminate the gaps.

normal_78console.JPG

normal_78shifter.JPG

normal_78shiftercloseup.JPG

350_85cutty

Master Mechanic
Sep 2, 2007
West, TX
still love your car! that's a super clean install! I'm gonna have to go that route when it comes time to swap my bench to buckets and throw in my console

78Calais said:
I fit the B&M Pro Ratchet in my console and didn't have to do anything more to it than pop out the plastic gear indicator piece. I did add a piece of metal under the console just to eliminate the gaps.

normal_78console.JPG

normal_78shifter.JPG

normal_78shiftercloseup.JPG

jae

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2006
Here is my install:

Hope the pics are clear. I was thinking as a future upgrade to replace the shifter handle with the shorter one from the F-Body model.

**Off Topic**
Regal Beagle, like your wheels. You mentioned they were 17 x 8s, may I ask what backspacing you used and tire size / mfr?

Attachments

• interior_left.jpg
    interior_left.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,510
  • interior_middle.jpg
    interior_middle.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,534
  • interior_right.jpg
    interior_right.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 2,049
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor