B&M shifter + reverse lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Pulled from the Pro Stick install manual...
20200917_214202.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Well... Decided to look under the carpet first. Kind of glad I did! 😋 I did notice a blue wire that was cut when I was under there. I'll have to take a better look and trace it. Then, should I splice both reverse light wires to one of the red wires?

a yellow butt connector is too large for those wires. I like to use non-insulated butt connector and heat-shrink tube

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Before you do that, check the harness leading back through the cabin and out into the trunk. From the description given above of the stock harness for the reverse switch, think the reverse wire runs as just a single lead that is part of the harness that is under the aluminum door sill plate on the driver's side that runs along the lower door sill and through the rear fire wall into the trunk and then jumps off the driver's reverse light there to run cross country to the passengers side. So only one wire.

Nick

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I dont know if this will matter to you but when I put the B&M shifter in my car I had no way of getting a neutral safety switch to work with the original wiring.
In the end I had to put in a relay that went from the shifter micro switch into the purple wire that goes to the starter. Kind of a pain in the butt but its the only way I could get it to work. I had changed out the column to a floor shift column.

Mr.Monte81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 12, 2016
a yellow butt connector is too large for those wires. I like to use non-insulated butt connector and heat-shrink tube
I have some 14-16 insulated heat shrink connectors I can use.

This is almost as much confusion as I created for myself with my line lock. It's a simple circuit: power, ground, switch, light......
I was initially going to find the reverse wire and then run a new lead, but then I decided I should Google it...

I dont know if this will matter to you but when I put the B&M shifter in my car I had no way of getting a neutral safety switch to work with the original wiring.
I'm not worried about the switch. The first thing dad had told me when he got it was that it'll start in gear.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr.Monte81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 12, 2016
With the battery being moved to the trunk, I'll have to check the blue wire when I find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor