B&M shifter + reverse lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Monte81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 12, 2016
Only seen a red and blue wire under the sill plate. I'll have to hop in back and see where the wire loom comes in. Things may have been moved when the rear wheel wells were tubbed out.

Mr.Monte81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 12, 2016
Is there a diagram for that blue ignition lead, aside from the reverse light diagram?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
BackupLights-705x1024.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Mr.Monte81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 12, 2016
Ah! If I'm seeing it right, the CCCS would be in the cab? If so, I'm tapping into that wire. 😝

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Ah! If I'm seeing it right, the CCCS would be in the cab? If so, I'm tapping into that wire. 😝

I added to the wires from the switch on the column and used the hole for the shifter cable to go to the T5 transmission

Reactions: 1 users

Mr.Monte81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 12, 2016
Got a little bit of time to poke around the column and the only 2 wires that go into the switch at the base are black/wht stripe and red/blk stripe. I felt all around the switch and nothing else runs to it. Can I tap into the green wire any where in the chain? It looks like that blue wire runs into the fuse box, so could I tap into that from there?

Mr.Monte81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 12, 2016
Got it!! I ran a wire from the back up fuse and from the light green wire terminal at the fuse box harness to the switch. Got 14g wire to replace those old switch wires at the shifter.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Got it!! I ran a wire from the back up fuse and from the light green wire terminal at the fuse box harness to the switch. Got 14g wire to replace those old switch wires at the shifter.
If you look at the photo I posted on the first page you can see that the two wires that go to the reverse light switch are blue and green. Whenever I try to wire stuff I always make sure I use the original colors if I can.

Mr.Monte81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 12, 2016
If you look at the photo I posted on the first page you can see that the two wires that go to the reverse light switch are blue and green. Whenever I try to wire stuff I always make sure I use the original colors if I can.
I dropped the column and couldn't find those 2 wires. Only ones I found were black/red stripe and red/black stripe. It looked like the last owner had them hooked up at some point as the 2 wires that run to the shifter were cut. I am planning on looking behind the fuse box to find that blue wire and tap into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor