Back from the dead 83 Malibu wagon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbc383rulz

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2013
Western Washington
Thanks guys, I may clearcoat them. Im trying to balance wanting it to look nice with really wanting to drive it again, the budget is real tight right now because I'm still not back to work. Luckily the only big purchases I have left to make are getting the driveline shortened and fluids! Unless something else comes up

Reactions: 1 user

sbc383rulz

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2013
Western Washington
IMG_3026.JPG
Well it's been cold out and I'm really broken so progress has been slow, I finally brought the heads inside to replace the valve seals. I have the wrong valve seals to put back on so another trip to the parts store tomorrow!
Thinking about doing the "ghetto grind" on the stock retainers so I can throw a lt4 hot cam in later, guess we'll see how ambitious I get!

sbc383rulz

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2013
Western Washington
Crappy picture but I got the heads on and torqued, threw the valve covers and intake on to keep the dirt out.
IMG_3096.JPG

Making slow progress!

Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Progress is progress man!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
Gotta love a guy with cylinder heads on his kitchen table. :cool:

Also, keep your chin up. I'm almost in the same boat as you. I learned two weeks ago that I'm out of a job by the end of March after 25 years here. So I have to balance what I spend and where on my project. Like you I have most of what I need to get where I want to go. Just no time. Hopefully I WON'T have all kinds of time come April.

Reactions: 2 users

sbc383rulz

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2013
Western Washington
Got the engine all together and it's not oiling the top end when I prime it, picking up a oil pressure gauge to see how much pressure it's making and go from there.
Went to install the shift kit in the 700r4 and the separator plate for the valvebody is HAMMERED. Two check balls were pushed almost through and the accumulator beat the stuffing out of the plate, ordering a new one so I can be confident it's right.

Two steps forward one step back, when I get done it will be right and I'll be confident in taking it on road trips. Want to go watch bonneville speed week this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor