Bad Day Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
You just might have too after looking at that picture. 4 inch bolt circle. Not even close my friend. Unless you want to buy a car to fit them :p

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
let me guess, craigslist find? it frustrates me when people just throw rims up and don't list what the patterns are.... just usually list "came off a chevy"... chevy and GM have about 4 different 5x lug patterns and backspaces, so not all fit. even the wheels off a camaro/corvette are the right lug pattern, but everything after 3rd gen/c3's, the backspacing is different, and you'll need spacers...

adapters around this area run between $100-200 for all 4.... it's either take the loss, or shell out the amount equal to what you could've bought them for new.....

I apologize if I come across sounding like an A-hole, it's not the intention. I actually have a set of early c4 wheels I thought I could make work cheaply, but don't want to run 3" spacers on the car....

sorry to keep the threadjacking going, mr sony....
:hijack:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I always bring a tape measure and a piece of aluminum I cut down so I can also measure backspace when purchasing used rims.
Many people have no idea on the specs of the rims they are selling, I had one guy that wasn't even sure if he had 14" or 15" rims luckily there were tires on the rims which stated they were 14".
:doh: Also sorry for the continued thread hijack.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
4.00 bolt circle is 'A' body Mopar. Late 60's -70's Dart, Barracuda, Duster, Demon, Scamp etc.

Jino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 13, 2016
You guys have a link for spacers/ adapters I'll just find some that aren't 3" away from the hub lol. 1" will be fine

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I have some aluminum brake drums that will look great on the Ford where these belong. I believed the guy, too.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
The problem with the adapters needed to change a bolt circle is most are going to be 1.25" thick at the minimum so if your current rims have 4" of backspace this means with an adapter it will have 2.75" of backspace which is basically going to push the wheel out of the wheelwell.
I would sell the Cragars and look for rims that will fit without adapters or spacers just measure everything before you purchase if they are used.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Jino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 13, 2016
This will be okay considering the car is going to be lowered an inch or 2 in the future, the fenders possibly rolled as well. Going for a lowered muscle look

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
This will be okay considering the car is going to be lowered an inch or 2 in the future, the fenders possibly rolled as well. Going for a lowered muscle look

what 565 means, is that if the rim has 4" of backspace, and the adapter block is 1.25", you'll end up @ 5.25" of backspace, and the rims will be sticking out of the wheelwell... not ideal for lowered cars...

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
what 565 means, is that if the rim has 4" of backspace, and the adapter block is 1.25", you'll end up @ 5.25" of backspace, and the rims will be sticking out of the wheelwell... not ideal for lowered cars...
Sorry to correct you but the adapter pushes the rim farther out by subtracting from the 4" of backspace bringing to down to 2.75" the only way to get a 5.25" backspace rim on a Gbody is with a frame notch and coincidentally that is the backspace I have on my Monte with a notch.
Think of the adapter being mounted to the inside of the rim and now your backspace measurement comes from the backside of the adapter where it mounts to the axle making it less.
Here is mine with a 295/55 on a 9.5 rim with 5.25 backspace.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor