Bad Idea?? (AutoX + Helmet Questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
and or the rear the stock uppers will flex when in a bind situation but you can't box then or when they bind the rear will upset the handling so the best cure for that is tubular uppers with a spherical joint.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
pontiacgp said:
and or the rear the stock uppers will flex when in a bind situation but you can't box then or when they bind the rear will upset the handling so the best cure for that is tubular uppers with a spherical joint.
*Covered. I'm using joints on my rear CAs. My front bar is a UMI piece. Ripped the stock mounting bolts out on a test drive. That's what has me worried about a bigger bar but I suppose it's nothing a welder can't fix. My rear bar is of the same make but it's an older model that mounts to the lower rear control arms. I might experiment with removing it for a couple runs, but I need to make it to some events and actually learn how to drive first. :oops:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
we don't run a rear bar in our circle track cars and my friend who drives in the nascar canadian tire series they don't have rear bar on the circle track or road course cars. I read that nascar is trying to set up a rear bar in their cup cars but they don't run them yet. Setting up a car is difficult enough for us trying to get the wedge, the weight on each wheel, the weight bias left to right and front to back without a rear bar messing it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor