EL CAMINO Bad idea, worse execution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
A decade or two back there used to be genre of cars built like that or similar. The term for them was "DONKS" Mostly they were the square body "B" series Chevs and similar.. There even was a magazine specifically published to promote and display them. As this one shows, one of the characteristics was those 22" or taller rims and a lot of the tech was devoted to the work needed to stuff them under the fenders; think no inner fender wells..... Supposedly they could be street driven but I'd hate to try to use one on the California interstates. They were not alone as there was, I think, two other build groups with different names that fell into that general category. U-glee doesn't begin to describe a lot of them.

Nick
Theyre still popular in certain parts of the country. Lots of G bodies looking like farm tractors. LOL

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Looks like someone got busy with the fugly stick. I may be scarred for life. I need to go home and hug my caballero.

Reactions: 2 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
another fine example of just because you can doesn't mean you should...

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I feel violated

I may be scarred for life.

Can't say I'm a fan myself, but I'll sleep like a baby tonight.

cannotbeunseen.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Jim Rockford

Master Mechanic
Nov 10, 2007
Shelby,N.C.
I am starting a class action lawsuit against the OP for giving me Ocular Aids , My vision is now permanently damaged and I demand compensation and for this thing to be crushed so it doesnt injure anyone else.
120914677_2831716380433810_2187639861829271968_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
A decade or two back there used to be genre of cars built like that or similar. The term for them was "DONKS" Mostly they were the square body "B" series Chevs and similar.. There even was a magazine specifically published to promote and display them. As this one shows, one of the characteristics was those 22" or taller rims and a lot of the tech was devoted to the work needed to stuff them under the fenders; think no inner fender wells.
I’ve had so many people tell me to do this on my Caprice, even though I want to keep this car original.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Those are tubular bed rails attached to the frame

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
There is a new racing league dedicated to DONK racing. The NDRA. They spend serious cash to drag race on 2" sidewalls. Watch, it will be so popular that M/T, Hoosier will be making slicks for 24 + inch wheels

Reactions: 1 user

303'505rollin

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2020
Colorado2newmexico
Dont they make them already? 187 customs (murder nova) has been buying up donks from NM to Florida recently, gotta watch whip addicts and see where all these rides be going/disappearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor