Battery life, radio with car off

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
Hey guys, we were hoping to catch a drive in movie in the Malibu, they broadcast over an FM channel. I have a newer head unit and 4 - 6” round speakers, no amplifiers or anything like that. Roughly how long would it take to drain a battery? It seems healthy but it’s an older battery. I do not own a jumper pack although i suppose i could buy one.

There is typically a reserve number on the battery along with the CCA number. Example: 115 minute reserve etc. That would give you a guideline as to battery life. That is why you hear cars starting up during the movie.

Reactions: 1 user
Buy one of those jumper packs just in case. I can't believe I never had one of these since the last few years. Watch out though. Some of them have batteries that swell and expand and break out of their shell. Literally. First one I bought lasted about 3 years and was a Schumaker brand, but that doesn't mean much. I think they all work their way out of a grass hut in China somewhere. I knew it was an issue when I seen the case popping open by itself. Not good.

So I bought a new one. I've saved my brother in law, the next door neighbor, and the next door neighbor's handyman (diesel truck) with this thing.

Gooloo GT4000S. Amazon has a pretty good deal on them right now for 109.99 in the U.S. Worth every penny IMO.

IMG_0369.jpg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor