Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
steel-core-compressor-accessories-40010-64_1000.jpg

That is if there's any gap to get the air in

Y beat me to it. And yes, it's loud AF. If you're picky about your wheels, you might put something on the rim to protect it.

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
wear your hearing protectors. its louder than a who concert.

That is a must. I used to need one of these every so often doing tractor trailer tires, gotta have a good hold on it too.

That is if there's any gap to get the air in

Quoting my own post here... I dont think that not having a gap would matter, bead blasters strong enough to make one lol

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
No I am not buying another tool I have too many now. The bead is too far from the rim for those things anyway. I'm talking inches away. This stuff would work but I am going to let the shop try first. Actually if I had a third arm I probably could manage it. The shop has a tire machine so I can squeeze the bead on with both arms while blasting in air with my foot.
1572699241863.png

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
We use the starting fluid trick every once in a while when we can't get one to seat. Usually scares the living sh*t out of anyone who isn't paying attention. :LOL:

• Haha

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
It does work. But I worry that it may also harm the inside of the tire. I know it works best in hot weather as it vaporizes better. It is in the 40's right now.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Maybe have someone fill it while you use those HF nylon pry bars to pull the bead closer.
1572700520912.png

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I have used carb cleaner and brake cleaner for that. I wonder if propane would work? Overdoing it would probably make the 6 O'clock news.

• Haha

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
I used this trick many years ago, availability of what is needed may be the problem. I had purchased a small diameter inner tube used in light trailer tires. Something that will slide over the rim. Lubricate the crap out of it and place it on the wide side of the wheel inflate it enough to cover the gap then inflate the tire. Should push out as the tire is inflated or as the tire establishes a seal you should be able to pull the tube out. just an idea that worked for me.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Back when I worked at a local tire shop we had one of those bead blasters. Bunch of pranksters working there too.
One cool October morning one of the guys was out back of the shop checking a tire leak in a large stock tank we used for that purpose. One of the other guys packs that bead blasters out, sets it down on the opposite edge of that big round stock tank and slips the tip just under the surface of the water. The guy actually working looks up just in time to get his eyelids peeled over his head by the tsunami of stank tire-checking water. I bet it moved 100 gallons of water out of the tank, totally soaked the other guy and made a lake in the back lot. Hilarious 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor