Before I drain and check the Oil. (Possible Blown Head Gasket)

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
I'm out trying to tune the Carburetor when I noticed the Choke is stuck open. . . But when I started the car I also noticed a lot of white smoke coming out of the exhaust. Oil doesn't look milky But does have clear liquid looking stuff in it. Oil also does need to be added. I was tuning the Carb because of bogging/Hesitation in acceleration and engine wanting to cut off every so often. Also Engine is not over heating that I am aware of, or at least the Temperature Light doesn't come on. Before I drain the oil to check for 'Milky Oil' I wanted to get a second opinion on a possible blown head gasket.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Gas. .Definitely Gas smell.
More importantly, does the OIL smell like gasoline? If you had a situation where the cylinder became washed, raw fuel gets into the oil and the crankcase.

Identifying that 'clear looking liquid' will go a long way towards figuring out what's happening

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
More importantly, does the OIL smell like gasoline? If you had a situation where the cylinder became washed, raw fuel gets into the oil and the crankcase.

Identifying that 'clear looking liquid' will go a long way towards figuring out what's happening
I did smell it and yes it did smell a little like fuel. . Once these Thunderstorms clear I am going to check the stick again.

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
it's worth checking a spark plug also to see what's going on.

Reactions: 1 users

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
Yeah gas in the oil was my thought, Only way you can do that really is with an electronic fuel pump being left on blowing it through the carb..
Since I found that the Choke is left open, and after a bit of research, I may know exactly what the problem is with the Electric Choke, it could be loose considering that the engine vibrates with solid mounts. Problem #2 I have to sell my "Flip Project" before I can change the oil. . I can however at this moment fix the Electric Choke problem.

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Just take an OAP sample. When I log back in I'll explain. But just get clear pickle jar label removed fill with current crank case oil. Put lid on it and let sit over night

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor