Belt question

Status
Not open for further replies.

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
So I was able to get a 90 mm pulley in town. I think it’s gonna be just about right as the alternator pulley was raised 3/4” (1-1/2” at the homemade mount) and it’s 1-1/2” diameter smaller than the oem pulley, or 3/4” radius.
Sounds good, several of the O'Reilly guys have helped me out a bunch. Been a learning curve for both. They actually have a book they can look up by part attributes.

On the 87 El Camino we actually found the pulley we needed as a Toyota part. Just needed shaft diameter, had to make a key for it but local ACE Hdwr had the key stock needed.

You are right on the radius. Some mechanics forget that some times you make a change you have to multiply by 2 or divide 2, whichever the case may be.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor