Best Car You've Ever Driven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoopud

Master Mechanic
May 21, 2007
Cleveland Ohio
I've had two cars that I would call a tie for my best (I don't drive alot of other proples cars so I am limited). This also excludes my GP since it isn't finished, and I've already posted about it anyway.

The first one was my Orange and Balck two-tone 1980 Buick Skyhawk. It was a mildly modified V6, but due to the low weight and good balance was suprisingly fast. That is where I started to like racing Mustangs. It was the late 80's so most were carb'd V8's and I beat more of them than I lost to (even thought the injected cars kicked my *ss - only beat one).

The second is my current 99' T/A, everything the Hawk was except not as rare or neat, but now I beat the Mustangs even better. It is fairly stock, but still good for a street race around here.

Derision

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2007
Jackson, New Jersey
Stoopud said:
The first one was my Orange and Balck two-tone 1980 Buick Skyhawk. It was a mildly modified V6, but due to the low weight and good balance was suprisingly fast. That is where I started to like racing Mustangs. It was the late 80's so most were carb'd V8's and I beat more of them than I lost to (even thought the injected cars kicked my *ss - only beat one).

That's exactly why I liked my Cimarron... weighed practically nothing, paired up with a decent V6. Even the Z24's 2.8L V6 feels beefy when you're in a car that weighs about as much as a paperclip. I remember going up against my buddy's '93 Thunderbird SC with a supercharged 3.8L V6. He was pretty impressed that I could keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor