Best color combo for 442 w/light grey interior

Status
Not open for further replies.

87ttop

Master Mechanic
Jan 8, 2011
chattanooga, tn
I got a 87 442 and I was wondering if I should go with the black/grey combo marron/grey combo or white/grey combo help me out guys I want it to be super nice the interior is the factory grey from the 442. The car is primied so I dont know the original color

I would do the black/grey since your interior is grey are there any other colors in the interior or just grey.

If your RPO label is still present, I'd look and see what the original color is first.
If it's missing, you can get the paint info off the cowl tag.

That said, I'm a fan of medium grey myself, but I'm a bit biased...

The factory 'maroon' color looks very sharp. It matches up well with the gold pinstriping/wheels IMO. Black is over done and unless you do a VERY top notch job on painting/sanding, it won't look very good.

That being said, I would just paint it the factory color it came with.

Paint it whatever colour it came frm factory that will be your best colour ...
warmonga

White!

My vote is for white as well. Even though mine is black, if I did another one it would be the white one. It's just different. How many white 442's have you seen? Not many.

DSC02474-2-1.jpg

I think this pic is a GBodyForum members car.

Hutch

Factory color!! Why try to make it something that it isnt. Keep it real

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor