Best Concert You've Seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHernandez

G-Body Guru
May 25, 2009
Jackson,TN
Well i figured since we've done the most listenable album of all time that I'd ask, what is the best concert you have been to, I'm sure some of you guys have seen some great ones so lets hear about it, my personal best was around '99 or '00 when i lived near Chicago, went to the Chicago Motor Speedway and seen Kid Rock when he first got famous, and after him Stone Temple Pilots put on the best show i have ever seen, a lot of raw energy, and after they went off Metallica finished the show which was an experience of a lifetime, they played a bunch of stuff from Kill'em All and Ride The Lightning plus a bunch of other well known songs, i sat back and rocked out to 'Tallica whilst smoking a fatty :popcorn:

Motely Crue this past summer! It was pretty epic. Although I plan on going to see Breaking Benjamin this summer and hopefully some others. I hope one day I will be able to go to a System of a Down concert, if they ever get back together.

Some mushroomhead concert from a while ago. Pretty much got free beer all night and free backstage passes. Also almost could have died on the way home because the driver was a little too drunk. Luckily, only the Jeep suffered some damage.

Ive been to quite a few concerts over the years but the best one was Kiss back in 93(?) in Cleveland. They were recording Alive 3. Best stage show I have ever seen. Only show I have been to with 3 or 4 strippers on stage during a song. I couldnt hear for a couple days after that.

not much of a poster anymore but could not resist this.
I was 17 years old and attended a show by the greatest band of all time!!
Led Zepplin....March 15th. 1975,Vancouver B.C. Canada
I still can picture J.B. beating the sh*t out of those drums like they'ed stole his favorite ride!!! 😀

Phish this past summer in indy....not even a huge phish fan, but i got an invite to go so i went...put on a hell of a show. Plus no concets get a shakedown street like a hippy concert 8)

There's an incomplete list of concerts attended on my Facebook page about 90 shows long but here are some highlights:
Devo / Fitchburg Theater in 1980 during the Freedom Of Choice tour. I saw them twice in NYC last fall. They still have game.
David Bowie / Orpheum Theater, Boston in the mid 90's, a rare small hall show.
Eric Clapton & Muddy Waters / Providence Civic Center in 1979. Blues power.
Heather Nova / Pearl Street, Northampton in 1996. She never caught on in the US, but she's big in Europe.
Throwing Muses / Middle East, Cambridge a couple of times. Georges Bernard = best bassist ever.
Todd Rundgren / House of Blues, Cleveland in 2008. A fan since '75, I finally heard "Just One Victory" live.
U2 / Centrum, Worcester in 1984. This was the first U2 arena show. Four other shows since.
Yes / Boston Garden in 1978. My first concert. Fueled by mass quantities of cannabis. 😳

I may have given my age away...

Here's my favorites. FACES at the Meistersingerhalle in Nurnburg, 1974. SAVOY BROWN at some tiny club out in the Bavarian wilderness, 1975. FOGHAT in Central Park NYC, 1976. RAMONES at Our Lady Of Lourdes school gym, Queens NY,1988. STATUS QUO at Irving Plaza, NYC, 1998. Also at BB King's, NYC, 2001. I've been a huge fan since 68' and missed them in Furth, Germany in 75' because I went home to get married, after 30 years I finally saw them live. AWESOME! COLLECTIVE SOUL played at the closing ceremonies of the Empire State games in Rome NY, 2003 or so. They just blew the place away, and fireworks too. And finally two summer's ago for my birthday my Daughter got me tickets for THE CURE at Radio City Music hall. Robert Smith and the lads had the whole place singing along for Pictures Of You!!!

blk74nova said:
Ive been to quite a few concerts over the years but the best one was Kiss back in 93(?) in Cleveland. They were recording Alive 3. Best stage show I have ever seen. Only show I have been to with 3 or 4 strippers on stage during a song. I couldnt hear for a couple days after that.
Seen KISS in '99 at the Pyramid in Memphis,TN, Skid Row opened for them and The Motor City Madman Ted Nugent was the 2nd opener and he put on a kick *ss show and ended his set by shooting a flaming arrow into the center of a hanging guitar, now i'm not even a KISS fan or anything but my stepdad is so him and mom were in a good mood and gave me the beer bracelet (mind you i was 18 and a lightweight) and i was drunk the whole night, well KISS came out and everybody jumped up and in doing so i spilled beer all over this womans t*ts in front of me so she ended up taking off her shirt to put on a concert shirt so i got to see some boobies and then KISS proceeded to put on one of the best shows ever,Gene flying over the crowd spitting blood, Ace and Paul's guitars had sparks flying out of them, just a whole lot of energy, definately a show i'll never forget

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor