best control arms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arok

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 3, 2006
Gainesville, Florida
I've seen 2 links on here for A arms. BMR fabricatin and SC&C.

I want to know if any of you have replaced your A arms with somethign aftermarket and how it's worked for you. I know on A-body cars this can make a world of difference, but I'm yet to hear anything first hand about G-body A arms. I like the tubular fixed over the adjustable ones, one less thing for me to screw up. Someone told me that the uppers are the ones that can improve handling and lowers would just be more of an appearance/whieght issue. I'm not sure if that's correct or not........anyway, just looking for some advice, thanks in advance :)

Gbodyolds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2006
I would go for the SCandC they eliminate the need for the alignment shims and allow for more adjustability and more header clearence, I know a lot of people with them and no complaints I ordered a Stage 2 setup but havent gotten it yet. The stage 2 kit will fix most of the bad suspension geometry found in g-body suspensions plus it will work with the b-body, ZQ8 and stock spindels(maybe others too)

Duts87ss

n00b
Oct 7, 2005
Ocean Springs, MS
The control arms, alone, do nothing for suspension geometry. The benefits come from making the spindle taller (SC&Cs tall ball joints or the B-spindle swap).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor