Best floor pan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grnmnstr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 8, 2017
NJ
The floor pan in my 78 LeMans is shot. This is going to be a race only car.

Who makes/sells the best floor pan as far as quality and fitment. I'd rather pay now than pay later in labor to make everything fit.

I may just have the chassis shop make their own floor, but just looking at options.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I would imagine that an item that large with a limited target customer base is likely stamped by only one manufacturer, but marketed by many vendors. May not make any difference where it is bought other than price

That said, an OE salvage piece would be best as far as metal gauge, correctness of contours. bracketry, and fitment

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
I have only found 2 styles. Coated and uncoated.
They will both state that they need mods to fit completely to the under seat area.
They are all considered El Camino floors.
If I had the cash, I would buy a pair of each, just to see the difference.
I don't thin any suppliers keep these in stock and will more than likely need to order them.

shoedoos

Master Mechanic
Jul 3, 2012
is it the foot well section or the inner sill section of the floorpan that is rusted? Take note some pans incorporate the inner sill while others don't.....I ended up owning both styles at one stage, they fitted fine and the steel gauge was good.....you will need to remove all seat belt anchors and cross bracing etc from your existing floors and refit them to the new stuff. Rock Auto is very good on pricing for these....

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If the car is only going to be used for racing I would have one fabricated so the seat can be mounted more securely that it is from factory and you can position the anchors for your 5 point belt

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor