Best regal bumper fillers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

85Supreme

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2009
I am looking to buy reproduction bumper fillers for my '87 Grand National, but not sure which ones to get. I tried searching the forums but the SE just finds too many un related posts.

I have done some looking online and have found a bunch of different places who offer the whole set. Most of these are in the 250-350 dollar range. I know gbodyparts.com is currently making really nice ones but im not spending 650 for bumper fillers.

What is the best way to go about replacing the bumper fillers, Which company have you bought from? Any problems with the company, the product?

Any help is greatly appreciated (pics wanted)

Thanks- Mike

85Supreme

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2009
...anyone?

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
I bought fiberglass filler from. Grand national specialeties out of pa. Front fillers fit real nice and look real good. Now the back took some playing with to make look right but fit. Passenger side mold could be a little better has a sag which kinda makes it look original. All and all im happy. Next time i would spring for plastic suppost to be better qaulity.

somethin_random

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 8, 2012
I had my regal for a long time before I got rid of it and I searched forever trying to figure out which one's I wanted... I believe there are plastic ones and fiberglass ones that are sold aftermarket... I'm pretty sure most people recommended the fiberglass sets. Then I was also reading how some may require shaving or some modifying crap to make them fit so I got skeptical about buying them because I needed all 4 and the set was either 350 or 450. I really just wanted some original ones although I heard that they are all warped or some crap, lol... Swap meets may have them though - I just let it go as I never got to the body on my Regal..

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw ... er+fillers <--- i typed 1986 just to eliminate cars outside of g-bodys, you can try different years and may find more results although I'm not certain if they are all interchangeable, but i think they are...

Another idea is to try: go to google, type "search all of craigslist", one of the websites will do just that, then you type in regal bumper fillers and hopefully you find a good set from someone with a phone number, then you can see if they will ship them to you... Or search parting out regal with the "images only" checked, or regal parts or something, lol...

btw, you may have not used the search function correctly, I always have to use advanced search...

search.php?keywords=regal+fillers&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

this is searching for "regal fillers" with "search topics only" and "show topics" - you should find all the information you will need here

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
searchtempest.com used to be craig's helper, it allows one to search all the craigslist posts by distance.

I have been looking, I am leaning towards the fiberglass ones, alas I am no help, as I have not purchased any yet...

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
I'm also looking to buy a set for the front of my Regal GN. I'm going to buy a set from G-Body parts dot com in June. They're listed for $150! That's a STEAL for GM repro units!

Bweavy

Master Mechanic
Feb 27, 2009
Bethel N.C. 27812
I have sold literally 1000's of fillers in our 15 years of selling parts. There is a reason I went with reproducing the stock style.
First thing look at over all costs. Are you a body guy who can make the ABS or Fiberglass work to your liking?
Yes: Then save yourself some $ get aftermarket & make them work. At the same time doing Body work you may be pretty perticular?
NO: How important are these parts to you on your car? Daily driver or Race car with fiber glass bumpers, Or a show car?
If it isn't important get the Glass ones & bolt them up. Same thing for you guys with Glass bumpers go with the glass fillers or ABS. Now if your doing a show car & can not do body work you have to look at what your body man or painter is charging you. Is he $50 an hour plus? Then you may just want to save the time & aggravation & just do the GM style.
50 x 8 = $400 plus the cost of fillers.

Most shops I speak with have 8+ hours on the glass units. Alot of them will make a 1 piece out of the rears.
Most shops I speak with on the plastic fillers goes 1 of 2 ways. They send them back or they have about 6 hours on a set.
On the GM style units we just had an independent feed back from a body shop in Canada. They do not do GN's They do restoration. I was told that it was one of the best after market items ever installed.

Now I may sound biased but also keep in mind we have sold a lot of fillers over the years including GM's. The GM's needed work for pock marks that needed attention. Ours do not. We did spend a lot of time on these & a lot of hard work to ensure the quality. Did we mention the $ LOL

So you can see me being honest here & telling you what to go with. Glass, ABS, or ours. You have to be honest with yourself & see where you fall in at.

Pictures below are from the shop in canada.

Attachments

• IMG_3024.JPG
    IMG_3024.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 4,878
  • IMG_3027.JPG
    IMG_3027.JPG
    946.4 KB · Views: 3,916
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor