Which brand door seal fits best ? 87 regal lmtd

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
This is a depressing thread.

So let's say I find one of the last sets made (making it about 15ish years old), will the rubber still be good after all that time?

Looking right now, I haven't come across a set for sale.

Back to the original question - Out of the "not the best" fitting aftermarket door and roof seals, which ones fit the least "not best"? :unsure:

Hutch

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
This is a depressing thread.

So let's say I find one of the last sets made (making it about 15ish years old), will the rubber still be good after all that time?

Looking right now, I haven't come across a set for sale.

Back to the original question - Out of the "not the best" fitting aftermarket door and roof seals, which ones fit the least "not best"? :unsure:

Hutch
Depends on how and where it was stored. All my NOS ones I've checked on are still smooth and soft as a baby's butt. They live in a climate controlled closet. Extreme humidity changes and hot/cold temperatures aren't a problem for them, and no UV to bake them into crispy cinder blocks.

The biggest problem is if someone has stored them in heat and humidity and horrid environments while still crunched up in their packaging.

Reactions: 2 users

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I noticed no difference between Softseal and Metro, they both sucked equally. Probably most of the aftermarket weatherstripping comes from the same Chinese factory.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
Wondering what brand you guys used and if any good ? I need some new ones don’t know which ones to purchase? Help
while dont have your exact car i bought this for mine and psgr side window motor not strng enough to close windw all the way. if cruising at higher speeds it'll almost fully seal but if below 50 a fat rat could fit thru the crack. im gonna get that motor replaced eventually. driver side no problem.

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I have Metro on my 2+2 and OEM GM in meh condition on my Cutlass

The cutlass I can softly close the door and it seals well, no slamming and the window rolls up nice

The 2+2 I have to push the door until it latches, the window sticks on the seals and the seal catches the window near the door every time I roll it up and down and it rolls and it's starting to degrade already. I had to add screws and glue them into place.

The OEM GM seals have plastic inserts for screws, are more airy and have a plastic? liner molded around them that makes them slippery so the window slides past them easily

Aftermarket seals are too dense so you have to force the door closed, lack the plastic inserts for screws so they pull out, and are too sticky so the window tends to catch.

Aftermarket seals are better than no seals, but a wore out OEM seal is better than any aftermarket seal assuming there isn't big chunks missing.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor