best size rims ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbodyfever

Greasemonkey
Jun 19, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
im just wondering what size rim is the best to go with on my 86 cutlass, i want the fattest tire i can fit in the back but not sticking out past the wheel wells.im gunna use weld racing pro star or centerlines, i was thinking a 8" or 8-1/2" rim in the back and just 4" in the front..is this correct?also what is the bolt pattern for a cutlass and if i wanted a bigger lip on the outside what would i get the backspacing as without making it stick out past the wheel well? thanks ,sorry i dont know that much about this yet :(

betcha618

Greasemonkey
Jul 24, 2007
gbodyfever said:
sorry i forgot to add, im going with 15" rims

i'll check the backspacing on my rear wheel but this is pretty much the look you are going for??

sidecopy.jpg

rearcorner.jpg

They are 15X8 in the rear with 275/60/15's and 3.5X15 inch rims in the front with metric 165/15 85s tires.

betcha618

Greasemonkey
Jul 24, 2007
you can't go wider in the rear without modifying the frame or sticking out past the wheel well. my tires go out to the quarter lip and are 1/4 inch from the frame.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
If you want something more modern but still "factory" the 16" wheels off an S10 have the perfect backspacing for G-body cars.

betcha618

Greasemonkey
Jul 24, 2007
axisg said:
If you want something more modern but still "factory" the 16" wheels off an S10 have the perfect backspacing for G-body cars.

They are boring though. they look like what they are ............. Factory wheels. two of my friends have them on their montes. I guess if you like the factory look. But if thats the case i would just keep the factory monte wheels. I personally hate when ppl use "different" factory wheels. If your going to change the wheels go with somthing Aftermarket or leave them alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor