BETTY RUMBLE - '87 Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
GP403, if you want to borrow my tool I will ship it to you, it will make your life a whole lot easier. Let me know.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
So I figured I'd reconnect that a-arm, and bolt up the steering linkage and sway bar, just hanging... and do some cleaning up while I await kalidromos13's miracle tool. If this works as advertised I'll make a video.

Then I had time to kill after posting up the cruise shirt stuff, so I made another one. :D Check out the shop to pre-order it. I made a thread under General Discussion to track new shirts and stuff.

IMG_2563.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
I just dropped it off at UPS it should there Friday, just on-time for the weekend!
Shirt look awesome!

Reactions: 1 user

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
well, UPS messed up and kalidromos13's tool won't be here til monday. :oops::mad: but it is what it is. went ahead and ordered myself one because eventually the GP is getting a similar treatment, (and if the herd grows, well...)

Did some work on the GP's 403, and then...

- finally put the new plugs and wires in. only been 2 years.
- figured while its up in the air I may as well do the oil/filter. wth right.
- cleaned off some of the leftover wax/compound from me trying to brighten up the paint a while back.
- updated the checklist at the beginning of this thread. lots of stuff that I never crossed out that got done.... all caught up I think.

:wax:

** Also, there's a vacuum reservoir (or ?) by the AC box, looks like a small black box about 6" x 3" x3" with the top rounded over like a breadbox. WTF is this piece and where can I get a new one? The mounting tabs are busted off and its just floating around loose in there.... I thought I took a pic but its not there.... I will update with one.

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Yeah i know man, sorry about that. UPS sucks. Ill never use them again to ship.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Yeah i know man, sorry about that. UPS sucks. Ill never use them again to ship.

no worries.

here's that stupid box I was talking about. couldn't see any markings which doesn't tell me much.

IMG_2643.jpg

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
I'm thinking that is a different version of the vacuum ball on the A/C-heater box. I got one on an extra box top out of an Cutlass.

Yeah I'm starting to think that's exactly what it is. I probably have one laying around, will look this wkend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Aaaaaaand the springs are in. Hell yeah. Kalidromos13 ftw. Took some trial and error with washers and a trip to the hardware store for some longer bolts for the plate, to get the right angle in the tool but that did the trick. Just enough to hold the spring in place, no compressor required.

Now. I'm going to go take a break then come back out and finish this job.

IMG_2695.JPG IMG_2699.JPG

IMG_2700.JPG

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Awesome!! I told you it would make your life a lot easier! I'm glad it worked as well for you as it did for me!

I wouldn't mind a case of that brew haha ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor