Black out thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
The only thing I could figure was that I used too much, too many coats. It seemed as if it darkened more as it sit but I wasn't giving it enough time so I kept adding coats. My rims are black chrome and I was hoping to match them, but it wasn't gonna happen. If I had stuck with the 2-3 coats it say, it may have looked better, but it wouldn't have been dark enough for my liking.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
jrm81bu said:
The only thing I could figure was that I used too much, too many coats. It seemed as if it darkened more as it sit but I wasn't giving it enough time so I kept adding coats. My rims are black chrome and I was hoping to match them, but it wasn't gonna happen. If I had stuck with the 2-3 coats it say, it may have looked better, but it wouldn't have been dark enough for my liking.

That makes sense. I've run into that problem using VHT nightshades on lenses/plastic in the past too. 1 coat too many will give you a complete blackout verses a smoked look. If I decide to try that Duplicolor stuff I'll experiment on a POS first.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
It kinda makes sense but I would have thought too much would be black not dark green.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
jrm81bu said:
It kinda makes sense but I would have thought too much would be black not dark green.

Different hues of black next to each other I suppose. Some hues of black look purplish to me.

Dragonist

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2010
Dallas, Tx
Pretty interested in this, might get some nad paint my bumpers, and exhaust tips. I think this will be hella dope, olds with black chrome exhaust tips

Bigge91

Apprentice
Apr 20, 2011
Marion Indiana
Dragonist said:
Pretty interested in this, might get some nad paint my bumpers, and exhaust tips. I think this will be hella dope, olds with black chrome exhaust tips
i will post pics when i get going and you can see if you like it or not

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Dragonist said:

I think you'll have better luck if you use an aerosol can not your nads.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
kornball426 said:
Dragonist said:

I think you'll have better luck if you use an aerosol can not your nads.

Good to know I'm not the only one that was thinking that too :lol:

Bigge91

Apprentice
Apr 20, 2011
Marion Indiana
G-Body_Vet said:
jrm81bu said:

Different hues of black next to each other I suppose. Some hues of black look purplish to me.
did one of the chrome rocker panels, doesnt take much til the complete thing is black, kept having bugs and stuff fly in the wet paint so ima re do it and post pics...i like the way it looks even though it got messed up. The little fly pieces broke off the clips is there anyway to get em back on or is it a lost cause without new ones? and if i get new ones how do you put them on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor