Blower motor runs constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsc ss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 21, 2008
Spring Hill, Florida
Noticed thats the blower motor is on low speed any time the key is on even when the function control switch is in the off position, I'm thinking maybe bad function control switch ??

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
make sure its conneted to a part of yer fuse box thats ignition not battery. i had the samer thing happen when i hooked it up to the glovebox lamp with no switch.

lsc ss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 21, 2008
Spring Hill, Florida
When I shut the key off it stops so I would assume it's correct, all the wiring is where it is supposed to be

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
You need to see if the terminals for the fan control switch have continuity with an ohm meter when the switch is in the off position. If they have continuity when off the switch is bad, if not, you have some type of short somewhere.

lsc ss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 21, 2008
Spring Hill, Florida
Yep, is an A/C car, guess I must not have noticed it being on all the time before

yourownself

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2008
stoughton, ma
from the 1979 chevrolet monte carlo owner's manual:

"Your car has a ventilation system that provides ventilation comfort by adding air outlet cents in the rear body lock pillars. Another feature of the system is continuous low-speed operation of the heater and air conditioner blower. This results in a steady flow of outside air into the car whenever the engine is running (except, in some cases, under cold temperature conditions).

with the side windows closed, outside air will flow into the front grilles, through the car, and out the rear exhaust valves."

it's supposed to run like that. i thought mine was broken at first too.

StreetDogg316

Apprentice
Jan 14, 2009
Prince George, VA
Mine does that. I was about ready to rip the dash apart to fix it.. Glad I diden't. I thought it was the wiring that was screwed up, Mine taps a little when it is on, It drives me crazy when the car is not running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor