Body Mount Bolts

Status
Not open for further replies.

threetwentyseven

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 6, 2008
Medicine Hat, AB
pontiacgp said:
we just used 1/2" #8 grade nuts and bolts to bolt the body on a metric circle track car. Thee isn't much left of the original body to attach it like was originaly. We had to use rubber body bushing as per the rules so we used hockey pucks...

Haha, I always thought that hockey pucks would be a good replacement if I ever had to use rubber bushings.... I think I can still use the original cage nuts on at least 5 mounts, broke 3 off trying to remove them :(

threetwentyseven

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 6, 2008
Medicine Hat, AB
pontiacgp said:
a concern with not running any body bushings is if you have to run a stock tunnel you could have clearance issues with the transmission

Can't remember ever having a problem before when we ran a Cascar Street Stock 8 years ago with no body bushings.... I was only 16 then though and didn't nearly pay enough attention to how the car was built . I'll try looking for some bolts today at the local Bolt Supply House and see if I can get them maybe 2" shorter all around.

threetwentyseven

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 6, 2008
Medicine Hat, AB
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor