GRAND PRIX Body Panel's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iowa Rockhauler

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 14, 2023
They were part of a package deal with an &6 I bought. The doors on the car are dented, but pretty much rust free. Which is amazing since the car Sat outside for the past 6 years. I’m most likely just going to repair the doors that are on the car rather than mess with skinning them.
Mine sat outside for about 5 years then got stuffed into a garage that collapsed slowly on top of it. I could get away with skinning the fenders but both doors are just gone on the bottom structure. There's just nothing there to even work with

Reactions: 1 user

Str8sixfan

Apprentice
Jul 17, 2022
Mine sat outside for about 5 years then got stuffed into a garage that collapsed slowly on top of it. I could get away with skinning the fenders but both doors are just gone on the bottom structure. There's just nothing there to even work with
If you're still looking for doors, I may know of a place in Central Kansas that could help you out.

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
There may be some in a pick n pull near Wilson NC. I can take a look next time I'm there which I hope will be the end of the week.

Iowa Rockhauler

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 14, 2023
There may be some in a pick n pull near Wilson NC. I can take a look next time I'm there which I hope will be the end of the week.
That would be great. Finding anything in the central of the country is 100% impossible. I bet shipping on those would be pretty expensive!

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
That would be great. Finding anything in the central of the country is 100% impossible. I bet shipping on those would be pretty expensive!
Went and looked at the doors and some had the bottoms rusting and others were dented badly. Forgot to look at fenders which I can look at next time I'm there which will be soon.

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
Can these doors be fixed? This is an 85 Grand Prix I might buy tomorrow.
Resized_Resized_20230315_182839.jpeg

Attachments

• Resized_Resized_20230315_182822.jpeg
    Resized_Resized_20230315_182822.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Resized_Resized_20230315_182805.jpeg
    Resized_Resized_20230315_182805.jpeg
    180.3 KB · Views: 61

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Can these doors be fixed? This is an 85 Grand Prix I might buy tomorrow. View attachment 217905
You'd need to find inner and outer lower patch panels which some places are still backorder on...

Or, find an inner patch and buy the NOS door skins 08Malibu had for sale and re-skin the doors, again, after replacing the lower inner section.

But on the far right side there's rot hole opened up on the lower inner panel so you aren't going to get away with just cleaning up what's there, not if you want the rust "fixed"

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
You'd need to find inner and outer lower patch panels which some places are still backorder on...

Or, find an inner patch and buy the NOS door skins 08Malibu had for sale and re-skin the doors, again, after replacing the lower inner section.

But on the far right side there's rot hole opened up on the lower inner panel so you aren't going to get away with just cleaning up what's there, not if you want the rust "fixed"
I didn't even know inner patch panels existed. Thanks for the heads-up. That hole in the door is nasty. Going to make sure it's just the doors before I pull the trigger. I'm cherry picking in NJ. LOL.

I see the inner patch panel here on some forum threads, but my internet searches are showing nada from "goodmark" and "sherman" patch panels. Maybe out of stock as you say.

Last edited:

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I'd skin that all day,comes to rust work,it'd be money in the bank

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
I'd skin that all day,comes to rust work,it'd be money in the bank
Pardon? I don't understand the remark. I'm most concerned about the inner forward part of the door where you can put your hand in the hole. Are you saying you would be able to fix it up nicely?

Its looking more and more that I'm going to have to learn how to weld in panels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor