Bought a g-body decided to sign up

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfella

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 24, 2013
Good day,

I have been a g-body fan for a long time , finally bought at 1984 olds cutlass last week , I'm Planing to do either a sbc or lsx based engine swap as I currently have the 3.8 v-sucks ( decent on fuel , crappy on power :roll: ) the car will be a street car with some trips down to the drag strip :lol: I will be doing alot more reading then posting I'm just here to learn. But I look forward to learning from everyone ! I will post a picture of my cutlass if I can figure out how to do it from my phone haha

Thanks
Z

bigfella

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 24, 2013
If this works here's my car :
35ibnzk.jpg

As for a Chevy in a olds, I just wanna go fast :D .if I do a lsx it will be carbureted I'm fairly poor but do what I can :)

bigfella

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 24, 2013
Interior is in good shape no rips and complete , just gotta get a head liner put in . The material came with the car when I bought it .

87RegalGuy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 5, 2013
Tallahassee, FL
Nice cutty!!!
It's really not that much more $ if any to keep the LS motor fuel injected than going carbed if you get a complete motor with harness, ecu, intake, injectors, rail, accessories and willing to do the harness yourself.

bigfella

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 24, 2013
Other then the engine , it needs tunes its got an aftermarket audiovox am/fm cassette that barely works and the wiring behind is butchered. So it will need an upgrade, nothing serious good speakers a decent head unit maybe a sub for some bass. New transmission either a th350 or 700r4 (I like the idea of overdrive) and rear end ,not sure on that yet ,a grand national 8.5 posi unit would be ideal but very hard to find so not sure what to do yet , there other then that maybe some different wheels and a little suspension upgrade. :lol:

Thanks everyone
Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor