Brake Master Cylinder Swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnagel

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2013
Santiago Of Chile.
did you read Clutch's post?. He has the 78 just like yours and changed the brakes lines from the master to the proportioning valve to use with the same master you want to use.

Yes...:) I read all post.... today I buy from rockauto a original style master cylinder but in the end of the day rockauto write and tell me has commit an error and has not stock anymore of this kind of M/C, My only option is use the new style M/C.....

I understand the point from MonteCristo I pressume has a lot of information about the brakes....really I`m surprised about this info. Thanks for sharing.

Today I put a new style M/C and fit very well in the booster.

I really dont know how is the best option for me, really Ï need a brake....I hate has my car without drivng, but I understand the brake is so important ....its really obviously.....

The ask for me is:

With the new stykle M/C with my nasty 260CI engine a real "old men" style driving , Its dangerous to drive my car with the new m/c in conjuntion with my original proportioning valve , original lines, booster, caliper and rear drum brakes?

This thread has convert in a excellent explain about the brakes for me....thanks a lot to all.....!!!

Waldo

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Yes...:) I read all post.... today I buy from rockauto a original style master cylinder but in the end of the day rockauto write and tell me has commit an error and has not stock anymore of this kind of M/C, My only option is use the new style M/C.....

I understand the point from MonteCristo I pressume has a lot of information about the brakes....really I`m surprised about this info. Thanks for sharing.

Today I put a new style M/C and fit very well in the booster.

I really dont know how is the best option for me, really Ï need a brake....I hate has my car without drivng, but I understand the brake is so important ....its really obviously.....

The ask for me is:

With the new stykle M/C with my nasty 260CI engine a real "old men" style driving , Its dangerous to drive my car with the nwe m/c in conjuntion wiht my original proportioning valve , origimal lines, booster, caliper and rear drum brakes?

This thread has convert in a excellent explain about the brakes for me....thanks a lot to all.....!!!

Waldo
Put it together and see how it feels mine works great

Reactions: 1 users

wnagel

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2013
Santiago Of Chile.
if you can get the nuts you need do you have a flaring tool you can use?. It may be easier for you to get new lines

Maybe I can find a malibu 81 is more commun car, olds is very rare and difficult.....if jnot í use a flaring tool to put a new nuts....:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It will not be dangerous for you to drive the car with the new style master cylinder once you get the lines installed. Just to make sure that know you'll need to bench bleed the master before you install the brake lines to the master

wnagel

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2013
Santiago Of Chile.
It will not be dangerous for you to drive the car with the new style master cylinder once you get the lines installed. Just to make sure that know you'll need to bench bleed the master before you install the brake lines to the master

OOO Yes Í buy a new brake liquid and i would like to buy new rear cylinder.....thanks pontiac!! you always help me....

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
OOO Yes Í buy a new brake liquid and i would like to buy new rear cylinder.....thanks pontiac!! you always help me....

the best help you got here was from Clutch, he has a 78 Cutlass and did exactly what you want to do. Nothing better than someone actually doing what you want to do and able to tell you that it works great....

wnagel

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2013
Santiago Of Chile.

the best help you got here was from Clutch, he has a 78 Cutlass and did exactly what you want to do. Nothing better than someone actually doing what you want to do and able to tell you that it works great....

Yes, clutch.. THANKS!!!! you save me a lot of time...

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Yes, clutch.. THANKS!!!! you save me a lot of time...
That's what it's all about we're all here to help each other out. Do you have a thred on the car? I think it would be interesting sense your in Chile south America is a long way from here. I work with a guy that's from Brazil he is nuts for vw bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor