BRAKE PEDAL CAUSES INTERIOR LIGHTS TO ILLUMINATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

20Grand

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2018
so you had these issues before you installed the euro header?
Maybe I did but I didn’t notice until i got it out of the paint shop. I barley drove it. Pretty much went from getting the 5.3 to the paint shop. Fuel pump comes on when I turn on the left signal switch when the lights are off. I wonder if someone crossed a wire somewhere. Idk but seems like the lights and the fuel pump wire is crossed.

20Grand

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2018

Attachments

• B33395BD-C867-4193-BA45-FB8CDBCE0A52.jpeg
    B33395BD-C867-4193-BA45-FB8CDBCE0A52.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 157
  • BB95AEF7-FCFD-46DC-80A4-F01AC15D8D73.jpeg
    BB95AEF7-FCFD-46DC-80A4-F01AC15D8D73.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 152

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Nice creative wiring. Disconnect add on crap and start anew. One small piece at a time. Good way to have Bar B Que G Body

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
You got some major problems, bro. No amount of internet help is going to save you. You need someone handy with a DVOM and basic GM electric knowledge.
This will get you in the right direction:
http://www.maliburacing.com/wiring.html
www.ls1tech.com is very useful as well.

Reactions: 1 users

20Grand

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2018
two questions, if you just got it out of the paint shop why did you change it to a euro header.....and if you had no problem with the car before you paid to have a 5.3 dropped into it why are you not headed back to the shop to get them to fix it?

2 answers: I put the euro on before we laid the paint, while it was in the paint shop. The guy who rebuilt and installed the motor is almost two hours away and is backed up. I’m not 100% positive he’s the one responsible for the weird lighting situation. Just on here seeing if someone has an answer bro. No need to come at me like I’m a dumb *ss.

20Grand

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2018
You got some major problems, bro. No amount of internet help is going to save you. You need someone handy with a DVOM and basic GM electric knowledge.
This will get you in the right direction:
http://www.maliburacing.com/wiring.html
www.ls1tech.com is very useful as well.
You’re probably right. Just thought I’d post to see if someone knew an answer. There’s a wire or two crossed somewhere. Has to be with the break pedal for sure. Thanks for posting tho. Was worth a try.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
See post #5. Was the steering column ever dropped or the dash removed? It sounds like somebody shot a screw through a harness or smashed it during reassembly. As I've said several times: you have completely different circuits mashing together, and that is definitely not good- unless you're having a Car-B-Q.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
2 answers: I put the euro on before we laid the paint, while it was in the paint shop. The guy who rebuilt and installed the motor is almost two hours away and is backed up. I’m not 100% positive he’s the one responsible for the weird lighting situation. Just on here seeing if someone has an answer bro. No need to come at me like I’m a dumb *ss.

I'm not anyone's bro and if you think I came at you like you're a dumb *ss I didn't but in hind sight I think you described yourself perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor