Bronze Brick

Status
Not open for further replies.

FasBu’s75

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 23, 2019
I hope there's a good ending here, and that the next caretaker will be a good one. Its a pretty cool car.
Me too! I truly thought it would be me but my idea of changing my car up deeply upset Bob and it’s just not in me to go further.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I have been accused of being upset about the show. I think it was a waist of money how they treated that engine on the show, but it is not my money and I don't really care. You paid a lot of money for that car, it is yours and you can do what ever you want with it. I think a twin turbo engine in that car would be neat if it was done cleanly. I hope you keep it, enjoy it, and make it your own! O and you can hang out here, we are not that bad.

Reactions: 2 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I didn't understand the fuss. When you sell a car, the new person will most likely make changes. Heck.... I would have broken his heart in a nano second.

The added gauges (on & under the dash) would have been removed.
The 'Recaro' badges would have been removed & the F/R seat material matched.
The fog-lites & grille ditched for a stock grille.
The F/R smooth 'tucked' bumpers ditched for narrowed/tucked stockers.
I love mini-lites on certain rides but would have swapped on different wheels.

And like all of my g-body's, it would have been lowered..... lower :cool:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 6 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
This is in general discussion right now, and not the classifieds... so I'm going to skirt the line a bit.

To ME, a built running 406 and th350 of the caliber Bob had in there cost more to replicate than the $6k you've knocked off the price by turning it into a high priced roller with admittedly slightly mismatched paint. The broken 355 has zero value IMO, at least to me... well, maybe scrap. A damaged 350 core costs more to have checked out and in the machine shop than a virgin 010 cast truck motor to start with as a core.

On the other hand, if the agreement was that the show/motortrend would return the powertrain in as good or better condition... GET IT BACK. And in that condition.

Then sell the car like you got it, or better, if the driveline was returned in superior condition... and as a running car. I don't even see grand national rollers going in the teens without extensive chassis and suspension work to run low track times, tubs, cages, etc etc.

That's just my opinion, but, again, as I said I'd make them restore and return that driveline and put the car like is was/supposed to be.

Reactions: 4 users

FasBu’s75

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 23, 2019
I didn't understand the fuss. When you sell a car, the new person will most likely make changes. Heck.... I would have broken his heart in a nano second.

The added gauges (on & under the dash) would have been removed.
The 'Recaro' badges would have been removed & the F/R seat material matched.
The fog-lites & grille ditched for a stock grille.
The F/R smooth 'tucked' bumpers ditched for narrowed/tucked stockers.
I love mini-lites on certain rides but would have swapped on different wheels.

And like all of my g-body's, it would have been lowered..... lower :cool:
All of those things including the twins was on my list. I mean every single thing. However I started having surgeries, 12 spinal cord surgeries and the car just didn’t get the attention.
Fuss? Was there another thread I missed? Or ?

Reactions: 1 user

FasBu’s75

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 23, 2019
This is in general discussion right now, and not the classifieds... so I'm going to skirt the line a bit.

To ME, a built running 406 and th350 of the caliber Bob had in there cost more to replicate than the $6k you've knocked off the price by turning it into a high priced roller with admittedly slightly mismatched paint. The broken 355 has zero value IMO, at least to me... well, maybe scrap. A damaged 350 core costs more to have checked out and in the machine shop than a virgin 010 cast truck motor to start with as a core.

On the other hand, if the agreement was that the show/motortrend would return the powertrain in as good or better condition... GET IT BACK. And in that condition.

Then sell the car like you got it, or better, if the driveline was returned in superior condition... and as a running car. I don't even see grand national rollers going in the teens without extensive chassis and suspension work to run low track times, tubs, cages, etc etc.

That's just my opinion, but, again, as I said I'd make them restore and return that driveline and put the car like is was/supposed to be.
Well my intentions was a high end Twin turbo build with Ac and done to a level of perfection. I also intended on a mini tub and frame notch to hold a very big “small tire” I have several rides and wanted this one to Trump them all. I agree with the pricing. But you can always smile and go down but you can never cry and try to go up! I have already had 4 solid offers close to my asking price. 1 of which I’ve countered with even a lower price than another offer. I did that because of where the car will go. It will, ( if he accepts my generous offer) go to California and live its days out in the sun.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Well my intentions was a high end Twin turbo build with Ac and done to a level of perfection. I also intended on a mini tub and frame notch to hold a very big “small tire” I have several rides and wanted this one to Trump them all. I agree with the pricing. But you can always smile and go down but you can never cry and try to go up! I have already had 4 solid offers close to my asking price. 1 of which I’ve countered with even a lower price than another offer. I did that because of where the car will go. It will, ( if he accepts my generous offer) go to California and live its days out in the sun.
But what about the original engine? It was stated by you, and on the episode, that it was to be returned. Where is it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor