Bronze Brick

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Bob - always the gentleman and RESPECTFUL! Perhaps everyone, me included, could take note of that.

Bob, if you’re planning to attend any of the 2021 Drag Week venues then PM me as I’d love to get together with any and all members that are willing to attend. I thought I’d start a thread about it a week or so prior just so that I can track anyone down that attends. All of this is dependent upon nothing catastrophic happening to me or my ride in the meantime.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

FasBu’s75

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 23, 2019
Greetings Guys; First let me say Thank You to all. For excepting me as a "G" brother. Wow Who would of excepted a 5 page out pouring? This forum, the internet & a few laps around the sun has blessed me with many friends. I don't always agree with my friends & that's good as if we always agreed it would be a Damn boring world. We would all have red 69 Camaro's? So their is no good-bad, right-wrong here. Just an Ole' man that raised a Ole' cop car to a Fun driver. For those that have made lots of laps around the sun GM used to build Super Sports, Heavy duty everything usually with some kind of performance engine. Then they (GM) stopped, but you could get a 9C1 with all the good under pinning's. So I kind a thought of the Bronze Brick as a SS car without badges as it was the only full framed 2 door with a good suspension available. Not many were made & they certainly weren't Hallo cars, but if ya think about it, The Bronze Brick was more exclusive than a GNX. But without Hype so little value to most. Ya the OE Lm 1 engine was junk so I had little choice but to replace it. Yes I did add Recaro buckets & the Buick 3rd member. Being an Engine guy I couldn't build a Chevy with Chevy parts, only the block was GM. But it looked like a Chevy engine! The Outomible still had the original theme of what was hot (lower case) back in 79. I had thought Eric was going to keep the OE theme with a SBC since their are so many to pick from that aren't unusual to put a Ls or BBC's in. He changed his mind & that's his prerogative! That of course was disappointing to me. And then to it top off the engine that took me years+++ to save up for & develop to a point where it was bullet proof. And make 500 Ft Lbs. of Torque all day. Was dis-guarded so casualty. That was like a kid, to me & it was time for the kid to leave home & strike out on it's (the engine) own. Not to mention the trans that also had Many Hours of development. Anyway I'm not going to lose a friend ship over a choice that wasn't mine to make. But that friend found my soft spot (brain)! I hope to see him during drag week & yes he is welcome here for a shower & sleep if he has time. Oh for those that are curious, "Why did I sell it "Eric knows & knew before he purchased it. I'm not Ole' Bob but OLD, I'll be 75 in a few weeks. My body is-has deteriorated to the point that I can't even torque a head bolt any longer without pain. Sooner than later I will have to sell my house as I'm having trouble taking care of it (snow removal grass cutting, on & on), old age!. So when the house goes the three car garage goes. My retirement was wiped out in the recession of 2001 along with my good job I was 54. And what was left of my retirement was hammered again in 2008-09 along with the replacement 1/2 pay job. So I live on Soc. Sec. now days & have for 12 years now. Can you say Budget? Ya just can't keep 3 cars in tip top condition very long at that income level. In closing, the UP side, Eric purchased The Bronze Brick at just under 1/2 of what the part costs (lots of expensive parts) & that freed up garage space so I can move to a smaller or assisted living place in hopefully the distant future. And even more important is the fact that the wife & I hadn't planed on me out living her so most of out insurance is on me. The sale money I received went to future food for me if the wife does pass first? For this I Am Forever Grateful to Eric for my future. Ok I did divert 30% to One Last Thrash, Re-Freshing the GuTOo. Yes I know I devalued it! As many here know I have a sever case of the Affliction, "I can't leave it stock" & it's contagious. Now ya all know the story & Thank You again for being a Car Nut friend, Ole' Bob. Ps: pictures 1964 - 2021
Bob

I truly love you as my brother. I truly wish I could download your brain. You are and will be someone I respect for life. I love your passion and will be the buyer of the GuTo if you ever decide to let go of it. The Holden theme is something that I love.

I didn’t buy the Brick with intentions of changing much on it. However I bought that Turbo Truck and started thinking how much fun it would be to have 1000 wheel in such a neat package. Then the call came in needing help to finish the season of Faster. Against Chris’ advice of not taking the Brick apart at that time I decided to help my friends at MT. I saw it as 1. A reason to take the brick to the next level. 2. A way to brag on you and your creative mind. 3. Well I can’t think of number 3 cause I’m getting old too. Anyways I never thought past all that. I never intended on EVER hurting your heart. I had good intentions (honestly).

I will definitely see you in September and would love for you to join in at Byron.

At this point I’m struggling with letting go of it. It’s never been about the money. I mean I paid a lot of money for a 79’ Malibu not a Red 69’ Camaro 😂

I dunno what I’m going to do. I will update when I decide.

Old Bow’

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
This whole situation could’ve been worse. WhistlinDiesel could’ve bought it for one of his videos. 🤪
Was that the same guy who is in court and being charged in PA for violating environmental protection laws that required fording in the shortest most direct line then filmed himself driving straight down center channel to look cool?

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Was that the same guy who is in court and being charged in PA for violating environmental protection laws that required fording in the shortest most direct line then filmed himself driving straight down center channel to look cool?
Not sure if that’s the guy but he definitely deserves it. You can look him up on YouTube. I would provide a link but I don’t want YouTube to put his videos in my queue

Reactions: 1 user

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
This story has all the dips and turns of a soap opera at 12 noon. I lost the whole story when Fred married his brother's sister. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
This story has all the dips and turns of a soap opera at 12 noon. I lost the whole story when Fred married his brother's sister. :)
Yeah, but she was one hell of a hot sister wasn't she, and, wasn't either Fred or his brother adopted?

FasBu’s75

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 23, 2019
Yeah, but she was one hell of a hot sister wasn't she, and, wasn't either Fred or his brother adopted?
He was adopted because his sister killed the parents in that horrific car crash. Fred survived. He ended up with his brothers wife then knocked up that stripper. His dad was suffering of dementia. Poor guy. Cmon man.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Now that we have vented. I for one think you should keep the car and build the dream car you set out too. I would like to fallow along. It is your choice though.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor