Brought an 85 Salon home today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

86 maroon gp 2+2

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2010
Oxford, MI
You can tell that the previous owner took care of the car, I bet the reason why he painted the silver color was because it started rusting and he figured that he could get away from doing a whole new paint job by just painting it from the body line down. I got to gives props to the previous owner :D

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
Other than some surface rust spots seen in paint (notable rear passenger fender) the only rust I have seen is in the transmission tunnel of surface rust, and very small place.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
86 maroon gp 2+2 said:
You can tell that the previous owner took care of the car, I bet the reason why he painted the silver color was because it started rusting and he figured that he could get away from doing a whole new paint job by just painting it from the body line down. I got to gives props to the previous owner :D
May be correct on the paint issue, but don't know.
For the year, most of it is in great shape, and with it coming from NC, it passed inspection in 2010, so I would say that is why it has been kept up. It runs well, and the only thing I have seen unhooked, is the vacuum at the modulator valve.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
HurstOlds said:
subscribed, I'm interested in learning more about the spoiler. Can you also take pictures of the inside of the trunk lid, showing the mounting screws as well please
Photo0497.jpg

Photo0496.jpg

Best I could do last night.....will try to get some better ones hopefully for you.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Great Score Papabear!!! That's a heck of a find:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor