Brought an 85 Salon home today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
Burnhard said:
Good find, its nice to see your wife is into the car as well cool.What are your plans for the car?
She is, and loves to wrench on them.
Plans? Don't know other than putting the correct buckets back in it, and getting a maroon console lid right now. It is so nice I just want to clean it up and drive it.....
I am amazed at how tight the steering and suspension are. Can't believe the windshield washer still works, as well. THe headliner and most of the door/window rubber is in good shape. I did put the GTAs on it.....
Photo0493.jpg

Photo0494.jpg

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Nice! That looks to be one helluva deal you got! Im actually really liking the silver and red stripe at the bottom, its different . . . in the good way.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
The red and silver is sort of growing on me....doesn't look bad, just different, and that's ok for me. I think the GTAs look better on this one than my black 87......didn't think they would, but they really stand out with it.

gharris79

Apprentice
Sep 21, 2011
Miramichi NB Canada
My first G-body was a white 85 Supreme. Seeing this one makes me miss it more than i already do. Nice find.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'd like to find out about that rear wing. I have never seen one like that but it sure look likes it's installed like it was made for the car.

HurstOlds

Master Mechanic
Sep 21, 2007
Illinois
subscribed, I'm interested in learning more about the spoiler. Can you also take pictures of the inside of the trunk lid, showing the mounting screws as well please

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
HurstOlds said:
subscribed, I'm interested in learning more about the spoiler. Can you also take pictures of the inside of the trunk lid, showing the mounting screws as well please
Yes, sir, I will. Interested in knowing more, myself. Hopefully someone can shed some light on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor