HELP Brown wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Ive taken a lot of crap apart and Ive never seen that before. You learn something new every day. It looks like the stuff they used to wire mobile homes with instead of Romex

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Seriously, you know where both ends are; piece it out. It's not the end of the world.

I have tried to splice together broken aluminum wires in the trunk and never had luck What I did was to add some copper strand wire to act as a bridge and used shrink tube to hold the wires together and then covered that with electrical tape. I am going to use all led lights in the rear so I can use some wire my friend has at his shop. It's a 5 wire bound in a cover, the gauge is 18 so that will be perfect for led lights. I don't need the pink gas gauge wire.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I have tried to splice together broken aluminum wires in the trunk and never had luck What I did was to add some copper strand wire to act as a bridge and used shrink tube to hold the wires together and then covered that with electrical tape. I am going to use all led lights in the rear so I can use some wire my friend has at his shop. It's a 5 wire bound in a cover, the gauge is 18 so that will be perfect for led lights. I don't need the pink gas gauge wire.

What years and models used that ? Like I said, Ive never seen that before.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Ive taken a lot of crap apart and Ive never seen that before. You learn something new every day. It looks like the stuff they used to wire mobile homes with instead of Romex
Perhaps GM was going to offer an aftermarket "Mobile Home" conversion kit, so they anticipated and integrated the aluminum wire into the car so it truly gives you that true quality mobile home feel :p LMAO!! It would have been called a "Olsmobilehome" :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
What years and models used that ? Like I said, Ive never seen that before.

All the G bodies I have owned and the ones we turned into circle track cars had the aluminum wire. They were all 81 and up

• Agree

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
All the G bodies I have owned and the ones we turned into circle track cars had the aluminum wire. They were all 81 and up
I am thinking my old '79 had a aluminum harness too but I haven't seen that car in 25 years to say if I'm remembering correctly.

• Agree

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I am thinking my old '79 had a aluminum harness too but I haven't seen that car in 25 years to say if I'm remembering correctly.

Ive had the dashes and bulkhead connectors out of both of my cars (81 and 83) and Ive never seen anything like that. Was it all GM or do I have something weird ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor