Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
I would like a set of 80's Recaros for my G body, but they were not factory installed ( as far as I know...GNX maybe?)

I know there were some 80's GP's that had something that looked similar to the F-Body Recaro's. I dunno if they actually were or not. They were buckets with the big "hole" in the headrest area, vs. the 1 or 2 piece (adj. headrest) you usually see. Also dunno if they were in any other A/G cars.... Just an FYI. Something to keep an eye out for :D

dougfather

Master Mechanic
Jul 11, 2006
Altoona PA
I bought a whole pile of 81 Grand Prix parts last summer out in New Jersey. They went for $100 on eBay (I had to pick up - about 5 hours from here). Besides the front bumper, hood, trunk lid, fenders, wheel wells, I also got a pair of seats with the big "hole" in the headrest area. They are tan leather, but need new fabric.

Stoopud

Master Mechanic
May 21, 2007
Cleveland Ohio
G-Body Seats

Guys,

The seats with the holes in the head rests are "PMD Seats" (like knight rider). They were offered in 83-83 Trans Ams, Grand Prix's (mine had cloth), and supposedly even in some 4 door 6000's. (see my photo's for an example of a set in leather).

They are hard to find and fairly expensive. I paid 350 for mine and sold my ripped up cloth set to a guy in Spain for $200.00 for a KITT. However, if you shop around you can find a set and recover if necessary. In my opinion they are the nicest seats offered in G-body's (believe it or not it was the reason I bought my GP - they were nice back then).

Any 3rd or 4th gen f-body seats will fit in a g-body if you use your tracks or make spacers for the f-body tracks (they are much lower - the custom spacers allow you to adjust the riding height).

Just some comments from the peanut gallery.

Stoopud

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor