Bucket Seat Fitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbodyera

Greasemonkey
Dec 10, 2009
Miami,FL/ DET,MI
Im interested to know if all GM made cars seat brackets will go in any GM car? Im thinking about picking up a pair of 1999 Oldsmobile Alero bucket Seats. I want to make sure they wont be too wide to fit in a G Body. What do you guys say?

18707839_5X.jpg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
They look like a nice set of seats. I think the width may not be as much a concern as the ability to mount them to G-body seat tracks. And also to make sure they come from a 2-dr model where the seat backs are able to fold forward to allow passengers in the rear. You could take your trusty tape measure along and take some measurements.
I'm sure there will be some modifications that would need to be done in order to fit the proper tracks onto these seats.

What's wrong with your current seats, or is it a bench seat?

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I have found that most if not all GM seats interchange quite well. The tracks are car specific though, and sometimes they are close, and other times they need lots of persuasion and fabrication to mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor