Bucket Seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacely

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 28, 2012
DMV
Finally got the Grand Prix seats installed in my Regal. They give this car a completely different feel when on the road. Looks and feels like a completely different car. I love it. Any ideas if the rear seats out the 98 Grand Prix will directly fit also? Thanks?

Attachments

• photo-6.JPG
    photo-6.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,276

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Looking good. Straight install or did you do some fab work?
Saved these pics years ago, can't remember the year of the seats but the guy did put the rear in also. If I recall it wasn't too much to do...
34pmh5z.jpg
2zokgux.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
I used some 08 GP front seats with minor fabbing of the seat pan using bucket seat tracks.. My GP aficionado boy Dru figured it out and also used the rear seat with minor fabbing :mrgreen: gonna mod the seat bracket covers to blend in, changed the look real quick!
20130326_205526_zpsc62f3549.jpg

dixon_ronald

Apprentice
Jan 1, 2011
Houston, Texas
Spacely said:
Finally got the Grand Prix seats installed in my Regal. They give this car a completely different feel when on the road. Looks and feels like a completely different car. I love it. Any ideas if the rear seats out the 98 Grand Prix will directly fit also? Thanks?

iirc, the 02-05 monte carlo seats fit pretty dead on...looks like you have the perforated leather gp's? Ohhh, you are making me go nuts. :lol: I been looking for those seats in the daylight with a flashlight, but cant seem to find any 2door seats in the Junk Yard, only the 4 drs, no good.

Anyways, the 2dr gp's and the 02-05 monte carlos are pretty similar cars, either type may work for you. what route did you go to get them to mount. :?:

Spacely

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 28, 2012
DMV
dixon_ronald said:
Spacely said:

iirc, the 02-05 monte carlo seats fit pretty dead on...looks like you have the perforated leather gp's? Ohhh, you are making me go nuts. :lol: I been looking for those seats in the daylight with a flashlight, but cant seem to find any 2door seats in the Junk Yard, only the 4 drs, no good.

Anyways, the 2dr gp's and the 02-05 monte carlos are pretty similar cars, either type may work for you. what route did you go to get them to mount. :?:
Crazy thing is these GP seats mounted directly to my 60/40 seat brackets. All I had to do was fabricate a spacer in the rear of the brackets so the seat would sit higher. For some reason the GP seats arch higher in the back? But it wasn't that challenging. Lol

Spacely

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 28, 2012
DMV
mr evil said:
Looking good. Straight install or did you do some fab work?
Saved these pics years ago, can't remember the year of the seats but the guy did put the rear in also. If I recall it wasn't too much to do...
34pmh5z.jpg
2zokgux.jpg
Man that looks sick

86 Grand prix

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2012
Chocowinity NC
So which seats fit best? Two door, four door? I have some of all of these available close by. At least one 2008 GP. I'd like to swap front buckets and rear seats to match. Leather would be great. Right now I have 60/40 electric seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor