JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
flange nuts are 13mm

vandyman

Apprentice
Jul 16, 2017
Instead of going all crazy on trying to raise your seat.
Just get a booster seat like the old ladies put in the cars back in the day. 😏

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I would look for a Gbody power seat base then you can have all the adjustment you need, I modified both drivers and passengers side buckets in my Monte and Regal with those.
IMG_20210821_185442496.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
you can add spacers between the tracks and the floor. you have about 3/8" of room before you runout of stud.
but the seats are bolted to the tracks. you could add spacers to this area and if necessary, use longer bolts.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Both the studs and bolts are long enough that if you want to shim them to gain height you can add something like washers. would suggest fender washers for the track to floor studs and suitable diameter and hole size standard washers for the track to seat base.

Be aware that accessing those stud nuts can be a PITA. Being 13mm hex helps cause you can cheat and use a 1/2" but you need to go with a six point socket if you can get one in there or a six point combination wrench if not, just to get the nut to back away. The location exposes them to water and crud and can make it difficult to get them to cooperate. Once free, if you have them, a gear wrench 1/2" combo will finish off the job. Also they may be hiding behind those plastic shoes or socks that are used to hide the feet of the track and which are held in place by phillips screws which tend to be self-suicidal if leaned on too hard. Joy.

Nick

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Both the studs and bolts are long enough that if you want to shim them to gain height you can add something like washers. would suggest fender washers for the track to floor studs and suitable diameter and hole size standard washers for the track to seat base.

Be aware that accessing those stud nuts can be a PITA. Being 13mm hex helps cause you can cheat and use a 1/2" but you need to go with a six point socket if you can get one in there or a six point combination wrench if not, just to get the nut to back away. The location exposes them to water and crud and can make it difficult to get them to cooperate. Once free, if you have them, a gear wrench 1/2" combo will finish off the job. Also they may be hiding behind those plastic shoes or socks that are used to hide the feet of the track and which are held in place by phillips screws which tend to be self-suicidal if leaned on too hard. Joy.

Nick
This makes quick work of install and removal of buckets in my experience. A ratchet/wrench will still get the job done, just takes a few more minutes and a little swearing.
media.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor