buckets seats vs bench seats (71 Cutlass)

Status
Not open for further replies.

snotrocket71

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2011
Wading River Long Island
I always have ideas running through my little pea brain and for a long time have been contemplating swapping from the stock bench seat to buckets. i have a mint set of buckets and a nice console with all the brackets, wiring, trim, etc (just need the 4 speed conversion piece). it'll be a 5 speed for sure and regardless i need a new speedometer and steering column. seeing as how its my first car i didnt want to change it too much but lately i've been thinking why the hell not, if i ordered it from the factory i would have got buckets and console. then again i would have went with viking blue, sport mirrors, OAI hood, dual trumpet exhaust a big block and 4 speed, but thats all besides the point i suppose. so whats everyones thoughts? keep it original or go buckets and console?

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
if u got everything to make the buckets look good like center console and all that to make it look complete i say go for it. i had a bench seat in my malibu then i found a real nice set of buckets in my granpas old toyota that just sat in the feild so i pulled them out put them in the malibu and put on a set of seat covers so it would match my interior but the only real reason i swaped to buckets is cuz the bench seat was in pretty bad shape with rips and tears and cigerete burn holes and i kinda always wanted buckets but man its up to u what u wanna do its what u want

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor