Status
Not open for further replies.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
LS1GN said:
85GPLef41 said:
OH GREAT!!! you guys have me worried now... :wink: stock T56 or 4L65E with mild upgrades? i want to row my own gears but can't swing the upgrades done to it now. I don't want to spent $$ getting my ecm tuned for a manual trans and it break then having to to redo everything for an auto. My ecm,harness etc is setup far an auto now. MY rearend should hold up for now.. 8.5 posi GN rear and looking to get a hipo driveshaft done 8)

Do you have a lot of self control? Are you disciplined? DO NOT beat on it, take it easy with your right foot and the 4L65 might last. Same thing for the 8.5.

I don't know enough about the T-5 and T-56 to tell you anything

No i don't have any self control much less disciplined :wink: I know for consistant e.t.'s the auto is the way to go but i wanted to upgrade the t56 to these specs:
http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-per ... -firebird/

80 money pit

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 2, 2014
LS1GN you would not happen to remember the part number of the trans dapt mounts would you? I am scolling thru Jegs and they only have one set of Mounts specifically for a S-10. it is listed as 969-4516 S-10 2wd 2.8L 1982-1994 $91.99. Or they just have a generic set of LS Mounts labeled as 969-4592 any factory sb chassis $63.99. I have just aquired a 5.3 with truck accesories and there is a lot of thesemounts do not work with this or that. My set up will be very similar to yours and would preferably get something that will work. I want to get the motor and trans sitting in there and tackle other issues from there. Thank you for your time.

James

Blake B

Greasemonkey
Aug 25, 2011
KS
Aren't t56's able to handle over 500 ft-lbs stock? Seeing as its a Corvette/Camaro/Viper transmission it comes ready rock

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Blake B said:
Aren't t56's able to handle over 500 ft-lbs stock? Seeing as its a Corvette/Camaro/Viper transmission it comes ready rock

From what I researched 450 ft-lbs on a stock t56 is max... mostly depends on the shifts... :shock: which I currently suck at!!.... :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor