Buick 3.8 to Buick 350-1981 Century Wagon Build

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Blake442 said:
tobyp said:
I have a set of 72 if I don't happen to need them this weekend. I installed spectre chrome.
I think '70-'72 are the same. I think later ones like '77ish-up are what that other fellow used successfully.
Just do yourself a favor and leave the passenger-side valve cover off when you drop the motor in...

Blake,

When are dropping the motor in?

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california
Awesome progress Blake :banana: .. Also, good luck on the valve cover quest,let's see whats goodies you bring back :D

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Hey if your set to go Saturday Id deffinitly go. Ive got a few cutlass parts to get and kinda want to get out there this summer still anyways.

We are hauling manure on the farm this weekend and i'd rather not work. :lol: Gives me a perfect excuse! :D

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Yes, I got the dipstick tube in yesterday.
I used the tube from the '70 Skylark the motor/trans came from, it fits great.
It just needs to be left out while the motor and transmission go in. More often than not, they're a b*tch to get in so I like to put them in right away, but in this case, it just caused interference. Once I had everything else bolted up, it slipped right into place.

Off to the junkyard! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Reactions: 1 user

v2vera

G-Body Guru
Sep 13, 2010
in the Desert!
Blake442 said:
Yes, I got the dipstick tube in yesterday.
I used the tube from the '70 Skylark the motor/trans came from, it fits great.
It just needs to be left out while the motor and transmission go in. More often than not, they're a b*tch to get in so I like to put them in right away, but in this case, it just caused interference. Once I had everything else bolted up, it slipped right into place.

Off to the junkyard! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Awesome :) I just got back from picking up my buick 350 and Turbo 400..looks super clean and well taken care off :) all for 300! Cant wait to get started.

Reactions: 1 user

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
v2vera said:
Awesome :) I just got back from picking up my buick 350 and Turbo 400..looks super clean and well taken care off :) all for 300! Cant wait to get started.

We'll be looking for your thread too!

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Sorry I couldnt get to rohners. I went to bed with a slight headache last night and woke up in more pain than I have in a while so I didn't think I coulda made the 2 hr drive both ways and walk a mile out there and not been miserable.

Good luck with the valvecovers. Did you make it out to the Pontiac section? Thats the best part of the yard I think.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor