Build/rebuild,,,,,,,,,,my 80, take two!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
I not able to add to my original Build/rebuild post (to old I guess), so I'll start anew! Floor pans:

First quarter window replacement test piece:

Not mine:

My one piece quarter window replacement test piece:

Doug

Reactions: 2 users

Neuron

Apprentice
Oct 22, 2012
SOCAL
Nice, looks like a lot of work though. Thank goodness these have a full frame so the damage is mostly cosmetic. Love those T-Tops, wish mine had them.

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
If you don't mind me asking, what gauge steel did you use for the pans and how did you go about forming them?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Looks great Doug.
I like the T-top look...that's cool and unique, and filling in the small vent windows.
Keep us updated on your progress.

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
drogg1, I used 18 gauge steel, round dies and a cheap bead roller for the ribs, body hammers and steel dollies. The hardest part of the floor pans was shrinking the corners.

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
Hi Kent. Thanks for posting the original post of mine! No 4-speed, just the 3-speed for now. I've got a Saginaw 4-speed from a 2nd gen. Camaro (IIRC) and one of the last NEW Hurst 4-speed shifter and installation kits. I was never able to find a good manual transmission console though. ...Are you all moved now?

Doug

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
Yes Doug, I'm all moved. It's the first time I've lived where all my cars and parts are. It's a little overwelming.
The T-top looks good. Is it off a GBody? They repop the front and rear panels for the T-top now. I'd like to try that if I get caught up on everything else.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Good to see you're getting back at er Doug! Will be watching the progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor