Build/rebuild,,,,,,,,,,my 80, take two!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
Yes Doug, I'm all moved. It's the first time I've lived where all my cars and parts are. It's a little overwelming.
The T-top looks good. Is it off a GBody? They repop the front and rear panels for the T-top now. I'd like to try that if I get caught up on everything else.
I don't know anything about the "T" top pictures other than it appears to be an El Camino. It looks like they may have had something duct taped over the openings. The style of the openings look like a 2nd Gen. Firebird/Camaro design. I really like to see when people, who think outside the box, try their ideas.

Doug

Last edited:

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
Good to see you're getting back at er Doug! Will be watching the progress!

Kevin, I don't know when I'll be able to "get back at it". ...My wife wanted to remodel our family and dining rooms to get rid of the 1970's style (suspended ceiling and paneling on the walls). I removed some of the ceiling tiles so I could see what the original ceiling looked like and was horrified at what I found! Roof structure either butchered or remove entirely and wiring not even close to being legal. I talked to the building inspector, gave him some plans, got a permit and I'm about 3/4 done with the restructuring. At 70 years old, I shocked at how much flexibility and stamina I've lost!!! ...My doctor situation is fixed. My health is good (and I've dropped 21 pounds of the 25 to 30 pounds I'd like to lose) and we've stopped eating red meat. After three years, it's all looking forward from here!

Doug

Neuron

Apprentice
Oct 22, 2012
SOCAL
At this age I am surprised I am still around, lost so many people. Just give me a month with the good old 25 year old body and I would have all of my projects long done. I believe in moderation for everything, still love my burgers etc but only a few times a month and no bacon at all.

Reactions: 1 user

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Kevin, I don't know when I'll be able to "get back at it". ...My wife wanted to remodel our family and dining rooms to get rid of the 1970's style (suspended ceiling and paneling on the walls). I removed some of the ceiling tiles so I could see what the original ceiling looked like and was horrified at what I found! Roof structure either butchered or remove entirely and wiring not even close to being legal. I talked to the building inspector, gave him some plans, got a permit and I'm about 3/4 done with the restructuring. At 70 years old, I shocked at how much flexibility and stamina I've lost!!! ...My doctor situation is fixed. My health is good (and I've dropped 21 pounds of the 25 to 30 pounds I'd like to lose) and we've stopped eating red meat. After three years, it's all looking forward from here!

Doug

Good to hear you're in good health Doug and the doctor situation fixed...and you lost some weight to boot....man I need to drop a few pounds myself. Sorry to hear you found some scary stuff with the roof. We too are doing some reno's around here, smaller right now but planing a big one included removing a couple of walls and a complete new kitchen.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor