Build Thread-85 Cutlass Brougham-New Pics Added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
The interior is not quite finished yet. Right now I am trying to find why the heater seems to stay on full blast (floor registers) while the rest of the ventilation system still seems to switch normally. Once I fix that and the few minor issues with the gauge cluster I will be able to install all the wood grain vent panels. I also NEED a better steering wheel! One with a horn button would be nice. I want the stock sport wheel, but I may just find something that matches and works for now. Unfortunately, I am going through a no money period for the next few days/weeks, so I can't even run to the junkyard to spend $20 and buy one. Damn pizza business needs to pick back up soon!

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
drogg1 said:
Your Brougham interior is VERY similar to my CL interior. I'll have to post pics some time. Maybe even one of the car on the outside even. You think a Computer Science major would know how to work a digital camera....
All of the GM divisions that built G bodies (except maybe GMC) used some sort of pillow top seat option. It was an era of Neo-Baroque opulence in interior design as they tried to compensate for an otherwise un-fun vehicle package.

teambop

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Damn that's nice! Did you paint your car yourself or the body shop handle that?

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
teambop said:
Damn that's nice! Did you paint your car yourself or the body shop handle that?

No body shop did anything. There are pics of the car in the booth between coats earlier in this thread. In fact, very little was done by anyone but me. The transmission was overhauled by a shop, and the long block was handled by a machine shop. Also, my neighbor did weld up a cracked bracket for the power seat track, but that's about it for things that have been farmed out. I am just too poor to pay for labor, so anything I want done I have to do myself or it simply won't be done at all. Not everything I do is perfect, but it isn't supposed to be a perfect car either. It's just the best I can do with what little resources I have. (BTW, the paint is far from perfect and I would have painted it again except that I really can't afford to buy the paint. It cost me $800 for the paint system, so I have to live with what is there until times get better. Plus, I am tired of working on it and just want to drive it.)

teambop

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Yep my cheese is on the decline as well! Ain't nothing like doing it yourself. So if things F up you know were to backtrack. Now I am motivated to get my wheels & tires put on my ride before winter comes! Keep up the good work!

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I guess I am lucky that I can drive my car year round. Sadly, I need to figure out my next step in the car's evolution before I can buy new tires for it. The next major thing that will need to be done is my front brake/suspension geometry modifications, and that will dictate wheels and tires. The tires I have now are no longer round and make the car a bit unsafe at any speed...over 50mph. I will probably get used tires to get by for the next year or so as I can't foresee having the money to put into the wheels, tires, brakes and front end upgrades in the near future. Not enough people are ordering pizza, and those who do are not tipping like they used to. Right now, I gotta concentrate on getting by and fixing some other things in my life that demand my money- like my house. I also have to put another car together and try to sell it to raise money and empty out my garage so the Cutlass can go in it.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
ever think about those clinical reasearch trials to make some extra cash ??

Friend of the family does that 2-3 times a year and they pay her about $1000.00 for a weekend of her time. She tests things like cold & allergy medications and nicotine patches over the course of a weekend and they feed you and play movies ( it's kinda like jail serving your sentences on weekends because you can't leave ). She likes the $$ and takes her laptop for when she is bored.

http://www.biovail-cro.com/

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Considering my rather unstable history of problems with panic disorders and depression (with suicidal ideation), I really don't want to make myself a guinea pig. It would mess with my head in odd ways. Plus, the weekends are when I make the bulk of my income. If I were to not be available reliably during those days, I would lose my shifts and see a net loss of income.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Well, tonight I get to do something I didn't really want to do with the Cutlass: Deliver pizza. The battery is dead in the truck and I don't have the $50 to buy a replacement so I have to use the Cutlass. So, if you happen to read this forum and live in New Port Richey Florida and see my Cutlass with a pizza sign on the roof, please wave!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor