Build Thread-85 Cutlass Brougham-New Pics Added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive been reading over this and the advice i would have to give you is as much as everyone wants you to keep the car and everything it comes down to you being happy if you need a clean slate and just start over then do it, beating yourself up doesnt help. everything will find a way to work out they always do, just find something that makes you happy and do that. i got out of cars for 5 years i rode 4 wheelers and love it and when time and money was right i got back into it, my dads procharged camaro helped. good luck

Thursday this week is looking like the day it will finally get sprayed. Cross your fingers that I actually can pull it off. I will be re-scuffing it again with 600 grit tomorrow afternoon in preparation for the big day. I have someone who is coming with me to help, and can drive stick, so I can bring the truck with all the supplies and the parts to be painted off the car. He's 17, and doing autobody as his votec thing in High School, and I agreed to mentor him, so this is one of our projects. The other will be an engine swap that is to be done in two weeks. Next week I am getting people together to put a porch roof on my house. Wish me luck as I need to pull all of this off before Jan 12 when I go back to school.

sounds like you're headed in the right direction!!!!

Went to go reserve the booth today, and got denied because they would not be open New Year's day. Damnit! This POS is never gonna get painted!!!

could the kid paint it in his class somehow? just a thought

Attachments

• Motor Pic 40.jpg
    Motor Pic 40.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 161
  • Carb Pic 40.jpg
    Carb Pic 40.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 169
78mali350 said:
could the kid paint it in his class somehow? just a thought

Well... With over $800 in paint, I really want to do it myself. He's gonna come with me when I do it, but it won't be for another 2 weeks. Unfortunately, that puts me at the first week back to school. I may have him spray some of the first coats though as I am having back and shoulder problems for the last few weeks and can barely move. I will have him do the first two color coats, and save the last for myself to avoid tiger striping and other issues present when metallics are sprayed by a novice. I'll also do all the clear myself. If I hadn't lost one of my days off this week, I would have loved to have swapped the engine out in my AMC so that I could get it ready to sell. I have a few people who want to learn how to fix cars and have volunteered to help, so I basically hold court in my driveway and teach them every so often.

So how did your winter break go? get most of what you wanted to done?

I got nothing done, so I only signed up for one class, a retake of Calculus I, hoping I can get things squared away by the end of this semester. I managed to play with my RC car, and got a new center drag link installed in my truck (it was getting scary!), but schedules and weather would not allow me to do what I wanted. I was even going to try for today with the paint on the Olds, but the long range forecast did not work with painting a car, and it won't this Thursday either, so another week goes by with nothing done. It's driving me nuts, because I want to get the Olds put pretty much back together to free up space so I can change the engine and transmission in the other car and sell it. I also still need to find a good used steering box for the truck, as well as a alternator bracket, front crank seal and a A/C compressor to get it working 100% again. Everything is still in limbo and dependent on me getting paint on the Olds before anything else can really progress. I need the Olds as a delivery car backup before I can really take the truck apart in case something goes wrong or does not fit. I don't want to deliver in it, but can't afford to miss work either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor