Bye bye big city!

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
The trick is to spread the crap out so that you can do an inventory and filter out the useless crap leaving the useful treasure crap. My plan for retirement. Hope I still remember what all that crap was for...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
You can spread all that crap out to the point of actually being able to see the bench or shelf top but only de facto difference between useful and useless is time. To that end I now quote Murphy as follows

Murphy's umpteenth corollary says that, "Anything just deemed to be useless and then thrown away will become vitally useful two minutes after it is discarded which is one minute later after the trash snatchers have come and gone".

Nick

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
You can spread all that crap out to the point of actually being able to see the bench or shelf top but only de facto difference between useful and useless is time. To that end I now quote Murphy as follows

Murphy's umpteenth corollary says that, "Anything just deemed to be useless and then thrown away will become vitally useful two minutes after it is discarded which is one minute later after the trash snatchers have come and gone".

Nick
I call that Hoarder's Lament.

• Haha

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
To bring this thread back around...build the biggest shop you afford. Why build a 350 when a 400 is not that much more?

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
To bring this thread back around...build the biggest shop you afford. Why build a 350 when a 400 is not that much more?
because some states have property taxes and they just love people with big houses/shops

• Agree

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
To bring this thread back around...
Thank you!

build the biggest shop you afford
We're planning 40'x50'. In that, we're planning a four post - double car lift and a two post lift. In one corner we'll have 10'x10' framed out for our "lawn shed". Our restrictions don't allow a wood framed accessory building and all accessory buildings are required to have wainscoting that matches the house. Attached to the lawn shed will be a small bathroom. Above the "shed" and bathroom will be storage. I figure we will be able to comfortably fit seven or eight cars (if we park a car on and under the two post lift) in the shop. We essentially built my brother's car in a one car garage. the shop ought to be Zanadu in comparison, if we ever get there.

• Winner

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Thank you!

We're planning 40'x50'. In that, we're planning a four post - double car lift and a two post lift. In one corner we'll have 10'x10' framed out for our "lawn shed". Our restrictions don't allow a wood framed accessory building and all accessory buildings are required to have wainscoting that matches the house. Attached to the lawn shed will be a small bathroom. Above the "shed" and bathroom will be storage. I figure we will be able to comfortably fit seven or eight cars (if we park a car on and under the two post lift) in the shop. We essentially built my brother's car in a one car garage. the shop ought to be Zanadu in comparison, if we ever get there.
Nice!!! If you haven’t thought of it yet, a small area enclosed with outside air intake for the compressor to make it a little quiter. One thing I wish I had.

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Nice!!! If you haven’t thought of it yet, a small area enclosed with outside air intake for the compressor to make it a little quiter. One thing I wish I had.
I'll rethink it but the compressor running doesn't bother me. I've already listened to it for 146 hours 🤣

20221206_182301.jpg

20221206_182312.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor