Bye bye big city!

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I'm kind of in your boat now, have an undeveloped chunk of land and can't start on it for a couple years. Well, I can clear it, but that's about it. I think about it every day.
I tortured myself a few weeks ago while recovering from surgery by shopping for a toy or another project. Having the money in the bank for it makes it worse. That money is earmarked for the house/shop/pool build though so I had to just stop looking and live with the reality I'll just have to wait a bit longer. I hope we can move in in 2024. I hope your build happens for you sooner rather than later. It's been like 26 months since we decided to buy the lot and put it under contract. It feels like if not now, when?

Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I actually get to buy a couple toys, sort of. We'll need a plow truck to sacrifice to the salt gods and a 14k rated equipment trailer to pull double duty as open car hauler and mini excavator/skid steer transporter for when I rent. Oh yeah, and a sweet chainsaw. Soonest I can break ground is 2025 as it stands now, 2026 would probably be better but we want out. You must be breaking ground 2023?

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I actually get to buy a couple toys, sort of. We'll need a plow truck to sacrifice to the salt gods and a 14k rated equipment trailer to pull double duty as open car hauler and mini excavator/skid steer transporter for when I rent. Oh yeah, and a sweet chainsaw. Soonest I can break ground is 2025 as it stands now, 2026 would probably be better but we want out. You must be breaking ground 2023?
Hoping 2023.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I tortured myself a few weeks ago while recovering from surgery by shopping for a toy or another project. Having the money in the bank for it makes it worse. That money is earmarked for the house/shop/pool build though so I had to just stop looking and live with the reality I'll just have to wait a bit longer. I hope we can move in in 2024. I hope your build happens for you sooner rather than later. It's been like 26 months since we decided to buy the lot and put it under contract. It feels like if not now, when?
Just think shop toys so when it's done it won't be empty.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Yo, Supercharged 111, Can't help with most of that shopping list but for the chainsaw, why not hit up one or the other of the crew that post on the chainsaw thread on this site? Most of them have multiple makes/models and someone might just have a unit that would fit your needs while not classified in the "sell your first born" category for price.

Nick

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Yo, Supercharged 111, Can't help with most of that shopping list but for the chainsaw, why not hit up one or the other of the crew that post on the chainsaw thread on this site? Most of them have multiple makes/models and someone might just have a unit that would fit your needs while not classified in the "sell your first born" category for price.

Nick

You sayin I should start trolling the chainsaw thread? I've been poking around a little, trying to get an idea for which trailers to avoid. Shopping in the 14k bumper pull category cuts the options down a bit, which is kind of a blessing as it cuts down on the homework.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
About that trolling.....................here, fishie, fishie, fishie, fishie, fishie, fishie......................If you gots da foot, an' dey got de shoe, and de price she be right, then by all means taking a brief stroll over to the land of the Chainsawyers might definitely be in order; just saying here.................

Nick

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
No use in having room for more crap than you own.
You forget that the crap naturally expands to fill the excess space. Remember the line in The Matrix about 'people are a virus'?

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor