Bye bye big city!

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
No real news yet. The outcome of the second meeting with the Architect was the realization that the budget doesn't quite work. I think we're going to have to stay here and save for a year or two to make this work but we're looking at all the numbers again.

I like your idea of wiring the shop ourselves to save money but we're in the Extra-Territorial Jurisdiction of the local city so its a permits and inspections deal. Also, we're going to need move-in ready, timing wise.

Hopefully there will be news on closing on the land in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Don't be sad Donovan. It's still going to happen and we're still moving in the right direction. I never thought we'd be moved in the new place for the holidays next year. Every month here is more savings in the bank and more equity in our current home. We just have to find the sweet spot. Our financial model is pretty conservative so it might look better when we rework it. A lot of this is new to us so we're learning as we go.

Reactions: 3 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
No real news yet. The outcome of the second meeting with the Architect was the realization that the budget doesn't quite work. I think we're going to have to stay here and save for a year or two to make this work but we're looking at all the numbers again.

I like your idea of wiring the shop ourselves to save money but we're in the Extra-Territorial Jurisdiction of the local city so its a permits and inspections deal. Also, we're going to need move-in ready, timing wise.

Hopefully there will be news on closing on the land in the next few weeks.

Could plop a big old 5th wheel on the property to buy transition time.

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Could plop a big old 5th wheel on the property to buy transition time.
5th wheel for five? No thanks. 🤣 This place is a little more restricted than that anyway. Really, I'm just excited that we are buying the lot and moving in this direction. I'm doing well with my savings so I should be in really good shape by this time next year. It wouldn't bother me at all to be able to buy a few lifts cash once the building is up.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
5th wheel for five? No thanks. 🤣 This place is a little more restricted than that anyway. Really, I'm just excited that we are buying the lot and moving in this direction. I'm doing well with my savings so I should be in really good shape by this time next year. It wouldn't bother me at all to be able to buy a few lifts cash once the building is up.

OK ya got me. 2 5ers.

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Build the shop first with a toilet and a shower. Put all the furniture and treasures inside, and find a cheap apartment nearby.

Last edited:

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Any chance of starting on the shop first (soon) so you can have a place to store and work on the toys? You'd be able to save the storage unit money.

• Agree

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Unfortunately, the POA restrictions won't allow building the shop first. It can be built simultaneously with or after the house. We'll build it simultaneously.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Unfortunately, the POA restrictions won't allow building the shop first. It can be built simultaneously with or after the house. We'll build it simultaneously.
Put a 2nd floor on it, and call it "House". It just happens to have REALLY BIG front doors. :mrgreen:

• Haha

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Hopefully the bottom doesn’t fall out of the real estate market while you’re waiting. Economic strategist are worried about all the people taking advantage of forbearance through the cares act and all those that are unemployed due to Covid. Some say we are in for a big market correction.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor