Bye bye big city!

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Unfortunately, the POA restrictions won't allow building the shop first. It can be built simultaneously with or after the house. We'll build it simultaneously.

Simultaneously seems like a loose definition. Seems the shop could be up while still breaking ground on the house? If you're the contractor you could certainly control the pace there.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

g3chevy

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2019
Spring, Texas
Jared, just saw this thread. Sounds like you all have a great plan for getting out of little Houston. Living near Hwy 99 and Rayford road has been a challenge for quite some time. We are also in the process of acquiring property further west to get away from this rat race. Best of luck with the move!

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Simultaneously seems like a loose definition. Seems the shop could be up while still breaking ground on the house? If you're the contractor you could certainly control the pace there.
The restrictions are pretty specific. The shop can't be completed before the house. I think they specifically don't want folks building the shop and living in it before the house is built and/or never getting around to building the house. We went into this with a full understanding and acceptance of the restrictions. It would be nice to build the shop first and eliminate my storage but it isn't in the cards. In the end, the restrictions will keep the development classy so we don't really have an issue with them. We just need to keep saving. We'll get there, and sooner rather than later.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Jared, just saw this thread. Sounds like you all have a great plan for getting out of little Houston. Living near Hwy 99 and Rayford road has been a challenge for quite some time. We are also in the process of acquiring property further west to get away from this rat race. Best of luck with the move!
Thanks! Yeah 99 and the Springwoods Village development have brought a ton of people and traffic to the area. I can't wait to get out of here. It will be a bit bittersweet though. We've lived in this house for almost 14 years now. It's home. We just wish it was somewhere else.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
The restrictions are pretty specific. The shop can't be completed before the house. I think they specifically don't want folks building the shop and living in it before the house is built and/or never getting around to building the house. We went into this with a full understanding and acceptance of the restrictions. It would be nice to build the shop first and eliminate my storage but it isn't in the cards. In the end, the restrictions will keep the development classy so we don't really have an issue with them. We just need to keep saving. We'll get there, and sooner rather than later.

How do they define "finished"?

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
6ed.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I'm pleased to report our move is a bit more real today. We closed on the land. First payment due 4/15. Construction of the utilities (water, storm sewer, overhead electric, AT&T fiber optic) and paving is ongoing. They're also working on construction of the suspension bridge over the creek. This picture is looking east, downhill towards the creek. Our lot is near the top of the unpaved hill on the other side. We're on the left in the curve. We are probably a bit out of view......
053 Appraisal Lot 55 Blk 34 Sec 15 Texas Grand Ranch.jpg

That's a roughly 60' change in elevation from the top of the hill to the flowline of the creek. That's way more topographic relief than we have where we live (almost none). It will be nice not worrying about flooding.

We estimate it will be August or later before the bridge is in. I'm hoping to do the underbrushing and survey work in the fall. Maybe even have the Geotechnical analysis done as well. Until then, we're just making payments and saving for the build.

• Winner
Reactions: 12 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Looks a lot like my buddy's place in New Waverly. Anywhere near there?
Yes sir. Northwest of New Waverly and Southwest of Huntsville.

g3chevy

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2019
Spring, Texas
You're gonna love it out there. He's lived in that area for over 20 years and says he'll never move back anywhere near the big city.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor