Bye bye big city!

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
See if you can't hunt down some agent orange and wipe it out.
That sh*t isn't something you want to mess with. I have a friend that was a loadmaster on the planes they were spraying that out of in SE Asia. He's alive, but it's been a very bumpy ride

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
That sh*t isn't something you want to mess with. I have a friend that was a loadmaster on the planes they were spraying that out of in SE Asia. He's alive, but it's been a very bumpy ride

Oh I've heard enough stories to know that, but it does work. I just wonder what kinds of things I've been exposed to that they'll decide are bad for you when I'm dying of a new disease. Probably something lame. Can of gas and a match for your weed problem?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Kudzu?? good luck with that evolution. That stuff has a reputation for being downright miserable to get rid of and you may have to watch what you delete in the process or the local tree huggers will be on you for destroying endangered flora and habitat.

Does the developer lay in the sewer and water systems or will you be on a well? if well, what is the water table like and how many residents will be tapped into it? Hope no one is contemplating a pool as they are brutes for water consumption come fill it up time. Just one way in? Personally not sure I would be comfortable with that. Too easy to be cut off in the event of a fire.
Still, an acre and a half is a nice amount of land and offers stand off to keep the neighbours from being able to peek in your windows. All this is me thinking aloud.

Nick

Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Agent Orange!!! Live fast, die young and leave a withered corpse with no organs left to donate. That stuff is still killing people nearly a half century after some mook dreamed it up.
Supposedly it was a mixture of 2-4-D and 2-4-5-T, both of which could be had commercially by themselves during the 60's. Don't ask me the proportions; dont know. Also pretty sure that one of them has been discontinued from production and sales for some time. Some very old line Feed and Seed store located out in Back of Beyond County, State of Nowhere, might still have some in the furthest storage silo out in the back 40 but you better be on the lookout for snakes and bahb-wire on account of both them were out there too.

All this aside, manual labor is about the only way to guarantee you get the stuff and it will likely be a yearly exercise for quite a few years before you can declare it as being "ex-Kudzu".

Nick

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Can of gas and a match for your weed problem?
Probably not. Right now it's a bit dry out there and there is a burn ban.
Kudzu?? good luck with that evolution. That stuff has a reputation for being downright miserable to get rid of and you may have to watch what you delete in the process or the local tree huggers will be on you for destroying endangered flora and habitat.

Does the developer lay in the sewer and water systems or will you be on a well? if well, what is the water table like and how many residents will be tapped into it? Hope no one is contemplating a pool as they are brutes for water consumption come fill it up time. Just one way in? Personally not sure I would be comfortable with that. Too easy to be cut off in the event of a fire.
Still, an acre and a half is a nice amount of land and offers stand off to keep the neighbours from being able to peek in your windows. All this is me thinking aloud.

Nick
We'll have city water, electricity and fiber optic. All installed by the developer or the franchise utility. Sewage will be septic and we'll have a large propane tank.

Fire protection is pretty good with fire hydrants on the road, two local fire departments will respond and so will the US Forestry service as they don't want the National Forest to catch fire. They have planes and helicopters.

As for the Kudzu, it's a vine right? Cut it off at the ground and it dies, right?

Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Not a botanist or a high zoot weed whacker but just cutting it off at the ground level does not mean it is dead. That stuff is kind of like a lilac tree or a maple. You can cut it down but unless you tear out the roots from the ground and destroy them, it will return and grow again. My neighbor had a dude come and cut down her lilac tree and he swore it would never rise again. Doom on him, it did exactly what he said was impossible and grew back, twice. Still there, still growing. Point here is that being a weed, Kudzu has developed a keen sense of self preservation and will take a lot of effort to eradicate.

Nick

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Mint is tough to contain or eradicate too. They claim all the Aspens on Pikes Peak share a common root system.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
We'll just spray it with that Round Up brush killer.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 user

Olds G's

Greasemonkey
Apr 6, 2020
CT
Mint is tough to contain or eradicate too. They claim all the Aspens on Pikes Peak share a common root system.
Yes! Mint is very tough to contain. Good thing it goes well in a gin and tonic 😁

• Informative
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor