C5 rear Corvette brake assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffin84ss

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Apr 14, 2017
Corinth Ky
Hello All, I have a Quick question I can pickup a complete setup of c5 rear Corvette brake parts for $100 my question is that a pretty decent price for them??? Thanks for any info you brilliant minds have.!!!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Is this something that you would buy and put on your car?? I'm going to read the link and thank you. So is A $100 a good price?

I like that system since you can have a working parking brake and it doesn't need the springs and lever on the cvaliper for the parking brake. I drive a stick so for me a parking brake is required. If you are going to convert the rear to disk I don't see why you shouldn't use the C5 set up and your getting the parts for a price that sounds reasonable if all the parts are in decent condition. What is included in the parts for $100?

Reactions: 1 user

Griffin84ss

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Apr 14, 2017
Corinth Ky
I like that system since you can have a working parking brake and it doesn't need the springs and lever on the cvaliper for the parking brake. I drive a stick so for me a parking brake is required. If you are going to convert the rear to disk I don't see why you shouldn't use the C5 set up and your getting the parts for a price that sounds reasonable if all the parts are in decent condition. What is included in the parts for $100?
Everything down to the nuts and bolts I'm gonna do I'm gonna buy them tom.!! Thank you sir I appreciate your honesty and respect your opinion.!!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm surprised no one else has jumped into this thread to offer suggestions or concerns.....:unsure:

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
I just looked on rock auto and wasn’t sure what corvette a gen 5 is but a 2005 model you can buy nice shiny new parts for a pretty reasonable price so you may want to do a little price shopping before purchase I have 98-02 camaro rear disk on mine and those are more than adiquit so I would think corvette brakes would almost be overkill but cool looking

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
You can also use the kore3 rear kit fir the gbody. http://www.kore3.com/proddetail.php?prod=10390-01

I would give tobin a call there. He had a wealth of knowledge for brakes.

I used their front brackets when I did the c5 brakes up and all lined up perfectly im sure the rear kit is the same. You will lose the rear ebrake unless you get a kit that had the works which kore3 has.

The rear ls calipers are the same as Corvette with the exception of the material.

I wouldn't want to be without an ebrake after losing my brakes after a car show. But that's me.

If you're getting everything for 100 it's not bad if the pads are like new and the rotors don't need to be resurfaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor