C5 spindle from CPP

Status
Not open for further replies.

anton shylene

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 26, 2017
not trying to start a fight, I'm glad cpp makes the spindles and that you like them.
it looks like the cpp c5 spindle is an equal to the blazer spindle. it all depends on personal preference and availability.

just for reference, kore3 sells brackets for the c5/c6 calipers for 14in rotors for $145 and i can pick up the blazer spindles for $60. and i usually get the wheel bearings as well as the needed nuts and bolts included with that price.

that means i'm financially ahead by several hundred dollars.
So the bracket $145 plus $60 that $205 so CPP spindle is $269 how you add that to be several hundred dollars ahead

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Pro: Corvette hubs are superior to Blazer hubs, especially the ZR1 pieces.
"corvette hubs" implies the hubs are better, but i can find no proof. and i can't find any difference between non-zr1 hubs and zr1 hubs.

Con: They don't drop the car.
interesting! I've never heard of drop hubs. where can i find them?

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
"corvette hubs" implies the hubs are better, but i can find no proof. and i can't find any difference between non-zr1 hubs and zr1 hubs.

interesting! I've never heard of drop hubs. where can i find them?

Belltech makes 2wd blazer drop spindles. (stock top, bottom belltech)

I tried putting them on my car but the caliper hits the UCA.

1584739092987.png

Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
so they're for sale?

I love parts hoarding but i could be convinced in trade for other equally worthless crap. I intended to keep them to do a S10 but I really don't need to.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
pm sent

Reactions: 1 user

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Does the CPP spindle increase the front track width like the blazer spindle?

I don't remember this being the case. How much does it? I have them on my 87' with zero offset rims, no noticeable difference visually. I thought they spindles were the same measurements as the stock g-body spindle, but I suppose there could be some minor variations.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor